Sunday, May 29, 2011

IVF - Day 41

Today has been a much better day...much better. Whew!

I woke up, did my all my morning meds, worked on our never-ending laundry and then made a menu...complete with a grocery list.  Mike worked until 4am, so he slept until noon or so.  I got in the shower...which I guess is what woke him up.  I heard him drag his tired body into the bathroom...and the all of a sudden he was standing on the tub peering over the top of the shower at me.  It made me smile...for some reason, we seem to have a lot of conversations this way.  I guess working strange hours and that are normally opposite of each other will do this. :)

We both made ourselves presentable and headed to Costco and then to Fry's.  We ran into a couple we know (we work with 1/2 the couple) at Costco...we talked to them for a few minutes and seemed like we had been friends forever...or could be better friends?  She is due with a little girl in October...and she doesn't even look pregnant.  If I hadn't known, I would have thought she was lying...Geez I wish I had genes like that. :) 

We barely know this amazing couple, yet they we generous enough to donate some items to our fundraising garage sale.  One of the coolest/nicest things ever. See...there are nice people in the world...still. :)

We finally made it home.  We unloaded the groceries and I started cooking.  I love it...not that I am some great recipe creator, but I do love to cook.  I made my homemade Minestrone soup,  my homemade chicken noodle soup and a yummy Chili to get us through the majority of the week. 

I love soup, but I normally space it out a bit so we don't only eat soup during the week.  I was just trying to think of things that would keep okay, be good reheated and not be too filling while I am flat on my back for a few days.  Oh...and easy for my caretakers to fix for me. :)  Plus, I was able to freeze a good amount of all three for a few weeks from now when I don't feel like cooking.

I am so excited and so completely nervous for tomorrow morning.  I hope those little embryos get in there and hang on for dear life.  Everyone says not to invest too much in this, but I have to admit, we have invested every emotion known to us.  We can't help it.  We want this so badly.

It has to work, right?

1 comment:

Carol said...

today is the big day! i am so super excited. i have such a great feeling about this!! everything is going to be good!!! love ya!