Sunday, May 8, 2011

IVF - Day 20 (mother's day)

To start off Mother's Day, Mike & I had his family over for brunch.  We took Pat out to breakfast/brunch last year and really enjoyed it.  We rarely go out to eat (at all anymore) for breakfast food, so it's a nice change.  Hopefully we can make it a tradition. 


We had the typical breakfast stuff- eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, juice, croissants...plus I made my mom's (the first one) coffee cake recipe and a recipe I got from Richelle (who got it from Lori) called French Toast Soufle.  I will be honest and say I didn't even try it.  It sounded good, but after making it last night and baking it this morning...all I could think about was soggy bread.  Mike said it was a lot like bread pudding...which makes me want to gag.  However, everyone else seemed to really enjoy it.

I got the brunch mess cleaned up in time for us to sit on the couch and watch a movie...and just relax until my family arrived at about 1630 hours.  I was smart and made my portion of dinner (the meatloaf) last night after I made the brunch foods.  All I had to do today was put it in the oven.  Regina brought salad and lemonade...Richelle brought potatoes and some desserts and Dad brought homemade rolls (ta die for) and homemade ice cream (yum!). 

Robyn has been out of town at least five days a week for weeks and weeks, so she decided to stay home and rest today before getting back on a plane tomorrow morning.  And Ryan...well let's just say we don't heart California.  We miss our Cali girls and wish they lived closer...and Ryan/Mitch too.

It was wonderful to have everything (and I mean everything) at our house today.  We got up early, got ready for the day and I never had to take my slippers off.

I am praying next year I will get the opportunity to celebrate this day with my own new baby in my arms...I do love all the little ones I have had a hand in raising, but I am so looking forward being a mother.

3 comments:

Caryn said...

MMMMM... that sounds like a good breakfast. I love breakfast food, and coffee cake! We're praying you'll have a little one in your arms next year too!!

The Willeyes said...

I want that for you more than anything too. Love you

About Sean Buvala said...

Nothing soggy about the French Toast meal. Very nice indeed.