Tuesday, May 24, 2011

IVF - Day 36, Cycle Day 11 (trigger day)

I went in for my daily probing...err...I mean daily ultrasound today and was surprised to hear the tech say, "WOW!  Your ovaries are touching!"  That definitely explained the discomfort I was feeling.  Everything looked great...lots of follicles.

I took this last weekend.  I am even more swollen/bloated now...good times. :)  My belly was flat before this...I'm guessing it won't be flat again for some time.  Can't wait for a baby!!

She finished the ultrasound, I made my appointment for Thursday and left.  A few hours later, I received a phone call from the IVF coordinator who happily informed me that Dr. B wanted my trigger at 8pm.  I was pretty excited to be done injecting all the hormones, but I also felt very anxious...we've been trying for long and now we are getting so close.  I'm nervous and excited...and anxious and scared.

Well...I had to do my trigger shot at the boys' baseball game.  Carsen & Jake played at 7pm and Derek's playoff game started at 7:30pm.  Good thing the fields were next to each other.  Carsen & Jake's team won their last game.  Derek's team lost.  It's been a long season...but a fun season.

I am scheduled for ER on Thursday morning at 8am.  That will be the end of the no injections...and the beginning of the painful daily injections.  Oh well...gets us to where we need to be, so I guess it's all worth it.

1 comment:

Carol said...

man after all this - child birth is going to seem so easy! sheesh.

ps - your stomach is still flatter than mine - true story.