A long time ago, right after my mom died, my dad, Raelynn and I came here for Jen's wedding. During that trip, my dad drove us around his old neighborhood and showed up a few sites that, at the time, didn't seem very significant. Geez...what a brat. 16, a dead mother, a boyfriend at home, and a dad that I only got along with intermittently.
Oh how I wish I would have asked more questions and spent more time caring.
Richelle and I spent 48 hours (or less?) in Seattle last year when Grammy died...we drove like crazy around that beautiful city finding places significant to my mother's life. So, we decided to do that again...for my dad's life. Richelle was here with my dad last summer, so she did have a story or two to share with me...that was nice.
We found the house my dad lived in during is high school days in San Mateo. We found his high school, Hillsdale, that he graduated from 50 years ago in 1961. Richelle also found us another house my dad lived in...this one was in South San Francisco. I have to say, I was glad it was daylight when we were driving through this neighborhood. Yikes!
After our sightseeing tour, we headed downtown to find some food and to do some shopping. We were very indecisive about our food intake, so we shared some pizza and a Coke...hoping that would hold us over until we found something good to eat.
Along the way, we happened upon an Apple store. I thought we might, so I had my gift cards and envelope with my savings (from birthday and Christmas) in it. We walked in and they actually had the exact model I was hoping for!! Well...it was 32g, not the 16g, but I think having a bigger one will be better in the long run. The worker bee helped me get it all set-up and then we were off to another adventure.
We did A LOT more driving and picked up some Chipotle before heading back to hotel for a soak in the hot tub.

No comments:
Post a Comment