Monday, May 23, 2011

IVF - Day 35, Cycle Day 10

When I woke up this morning, I began to dread the "getting ready" process.  It's becoming the norm for me.  The last time getting out of bed and getting ready was an every day ordeal was about 10 years ago when I was way overweight and I had to wear Kyle's clothes when I wasn't at work. 

I don't think I ever realized MY clothes didn't fit...until after the funeral.  I saw my bloody clothes and realized they were his.  18 months had passed quickly...and so had the pounds.

I lost a lot of weight just from the diet of grieving.  Then the hard part came- I had to work my buns off in the gym.  I started with jogging and crunches.  I didn't move into the gym until after I passed the physical with DPS & Phoenix.  My background investigator with DPS made it clear I needed to be able to do push-ups, but not on my knees when I started the academy.

After she left my house, I got in my car and drove directly to the closest gym and ordered up a personal trainer that would "try to kill me".  I met Kim the next day...and saw her several days a week for the next few months.  She kicked my butt and I loved every second of it.

I am hoping after all this baby weight I can talk her into trying to kill me again!!

Anywho...I got ready, did my injections and then headed upstairs for the morning struggle of trying to find something that fits.  I finally found an item in each category that didn't bulge and headed out the door for Dr. B's office.

At Disneyland for Christmas ~ 2009...the best tradition we have ever started.

I picked up Richelle and Sydney first...then drove east.  I thought Sydney might get a kick out of the ultrasound...and she did.  My largest follicle today was a 19 and my smallest (measured) was a 13.  The PA said they were growing a bit slow, but said that was okay.  Since I have so many, we will be patient.  I am still hoping to trigger ovulation Tuesday or Wednesday...ER would be Thursday or Friday.  The transfer would be Monday or Tuesday.

I am getting anxious.  I am tired of all of this...the driving to Tempe, the getting probed nearly everyday, the multiple needles a day, the hormones weight, etc.  I don't feel crazy...which is good.  I guess I should feel nuts already.  I'm thankful I don't.

After my appointment, we drove a little further east to have lunch with my grandma for her birthday.  Robyn met us out there and we had a nice visit.  Then we headed to find me some clothes that fit...to eliminate the every-morning-struggle.

Sadly, ended up buying maternity clothes.  My belly is so swollen, so regular clothes hurt...and my waist is still smaller than my growing too big hips and thighs, so nothing is fitting correctly.  I did find some new tops that fit better and a new bra that actually fits my chest...these hormones are doing very strange things to my body- all of it.

It was a productive day.  I had a good time with my sisters (and Sydney too)...as always.  I ended up on the couch with Mike. 

So the day was win for me.

Having sushi in California for my 28th birthday...

3 comments:

Kerrie said...

We keep sending good vibes in your direction.

Sooz said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm really hoping that this IVF works for you. I know how much the appointments, the shots and all the drama during IVF just royally sucks, but it'll all be worth it. Just hang in there!

C said...

Finding clothes that fit and are comfortable while on fertility meds is tough.

I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog and will be following along on your journey. It's particularly great when you mention different things in AZ. I lived in Scottsdale for several years before meeting my husband and moving overseas.

Wishing you all the best!