This morning Richelle and I woke up early (okay...at 8am) to get ready for the day, pack and head to he airport.
Before leaving the hotel, I had to do all my meds. I always take my Thyroid med as soon as a I wake up. After I was up and mostly ready, I started doing my injections. I did the Lupron. I did the Follistim. And then I had to start the Menopur. The Menopur has to be mixed, so there is a little device that snaps onto the top of the Sodium Chloride vial. I suck out all the liquid with a syringe and then attach the device to the vial of powder. Once the medicine is mixed, I attach a needle to the syringe, and draw the liquid into the syringe....and then inject the medicine into my belly.
The needle/syringes that came with the Lupron are tiny and the measurements are in units. The syringes I got with the Menopur were in ml...but the dosage was listed in units. I should have called Dr. Behera's office and asked what the correct amount in ml's was, but instead I used a needle that came with the Lupron. That syringe was only large enough for 50 units, so I injected myself with 50 units and then again with 25 units...totalling the 75 units I was directed to administer everyday. There was at least half of the medicine left in the vial...which bothered me. But...we were running late (okay...just me...like usual), so I kept the remainder of the meds and finished getting ready.
Our plane was scheduled to leave at 11:25am, so we hopped on the shuttle from the hotel to the airport at about 9:30am. We arrived at the airport to find the longest lines for check-in. Both inside and outside...the lines were LONG. As we waited in line, we overheard someone say our flight had been delayed. Ugh...then she said it had been delayed until 1:45...ugh.
Considering we were supposed to land at 1:30pm, I had an appointment at Dr. Behera's office at 2:30pm and Carsen & Jake had a baseball game at 5pm...we just wanted to get home. It was hard to complain though...so many people in line with us were going to miss their connecting flights in Phoenix, so our appointment delays weren't all that serious.
We found good, comfortable seats near our gate and got some good (by airport standards) food. We both settled in for the several hours of waiting with our iPads. I have to make a confession: I don't love mine...and I'm pretty sure I will be returning it. I can't blog (google isn't Apple's BFF) and I can't upload photos to FB via the iPad. Those are two of the main things I wanted it for. I wanted it to take the place of my bulky laptop, but if I can't blog from it and I can't even upload pictures, then I can do everything else I want from my phone. I don't need an $800+ device to play games....games that I can get or already have for free on my DROID.
So I am trying to decided what to do. I am going to return the iPad. Do I spend a couple hundred more dollars and get a laptop from the Apple store...or do I get the Mini Mac and hook it up to the TV? Ugh. I am stumped. I am getting to the point I will need a new laptop soon...which is what I was hopeful the iPad would take it's place.
Oh well.
Anywho...once our plane arrived, we boarded and had a nice flight home. We landed and drove like crazy to get to Dr. Behera's office...I just needed my Day 3 blood work done, so no biggie. I asked the medical assistant (and not the best phlebotomist...ouch!) about the correct amount of Menopur I should be taking with the syringe measured in ml's...
Turns out...I should have taken the entire vial of Menopur...and although I kept the remaining Menopur, I had not kept it refrigerated, so it was not good any longer. Damn. What a waste.
We left the doctor's office and drove like crazy to get Richelle to the boys' baseball game. I dropped her off...and really wanted to stay, but knew I really wanted to see Mike. So I left her with her cute little family and drove north a few miles to see my cute little family.
We splurged and went to dinner so we didn't have to cook...er...go to the grocery store and then cook. We had a nice time sitting across from each other and just chatted about our (separate) trips. It was nice.
On the way home, we stopped at the grocery store and then headed home. I had to finish taking the remaining dose of the Menopur. I mixed the medicine, took out the amount I had already injected, and then injected the remaining amount. That mistake marked the 5th time I had to inject myself in one day...with the blood work I had done my total was six, but five in my belly. I am almost out of non-bruised places to keep doing this.
TWINS SENIOR YEAR HOMECOMING PARADE!
3 weeks ago


No comments:
Post a Comment