The lab called this morning around 11am with good news.
We had 16 eggs at retrieval...which we were thrilled with. We knew not all of them would make it, but it was a great number to start with. 13 of the 16 eggs were mature. Of the 13 mature eggs, 12 fertilized!!
We are thrilled with these numbers. If we were criers...we'd have cried and cried. Instead of crying, we started off our day with my first shot of progesterone. I iced the area on my hip and Mike did the injection.
It didn't hurt at all. I was happily surprised...and I think Mike was too. I told Mike I was concerned we didn't do it right. I think it should have hurt a little?
Oh well. We have to do another one tonight and then one a day from now on. I also have to use a progesterone cream...lovely. I think it's my least favorite part of this (and the IUI) process. Okay..not my least favorite, but close. :) There are just so many least fave moments to choose from during this whole infertile process.
TWINS SENIOR YEAR HOMECOMING PARADE!
3 weeks ago

5 comments:
I probably don't know enough about the whole process that normally goes on inside a body with a pregnancy, but this sounds promising right? I mean 16 is a good number?
Yeah for 12 fertilized eggs! woot!!
12! That's amazing Randi! Praying hard everyday for you guys!
Ha, yeah I meant 12...
Awesome news!!!
Post a Comment