Thursday, May 12, 2011

IVF - Day 24

Before Richelle and I headed to the airport, she took me to get some blood work done and to have my baseline ultrasound.  Although I have been keeping track of our IVF cycle since the first day on my calendar of meds, our actual cycle day one is May 14th...according to the chart.  That's the day I start the Follistim, the additional folic acid supplements and continue with everything else I am currently taking.

Everything went well at the FTC, like always.  Everything looked good, so we are still on track for everything.  So, as of now, we are on track for egg retrieval to be around May 23 - May 25...with the embryo transfer four days after the retrieval.

I am anxious about a lot of what's going on, but I am also at peace with all of this.  It's still surprising to me that we are really having to do this to have a baby...and I am still learning how this whole process works.  Luckily, Dr. Behera has made everything run very smoothly so far...so I have no complaints.

No comments: