Sunday, December 4, 2011

Babee Shower

Robyn & Richelle have been busy planning our baby shower for months (maybe years?).  A while ago, they also brought Rebecca and Carol into the mix.  I wasn't allowed at any planning meetings...and was pretty much left in the dark to all plans/ideas.  That was frustrating (since it was at my house) over the last few weeks, but it was very fun to see everything come together Friday and Saturday.


The four girls showed up Friday afternoon to start setting up.  Furniture was moved, tables and chairs were brought in...and all the bee decor was organized.  On Saturday afternoon, everyone showed up again to get all the final details in order and the food ready. Mike and I are both unable to do much.  It was so hard to stand-by and just watch it all happen without being able to really help.  Rob also came early...I don't think he was planning on being put to work, but he, of course, jumped right in and did what he was asked.  Rebecca also brought Cody and put him to work too.



The weather ended up working against the plan...so the entire party had to be inside and out of the rain, hail and snow.  It does't snow in Phoenix...so it was funny that the weather decided to freak out on us last night.  Richelle brought her fire pit and the boys set it up out back so some people could mingle outdoors, but the weather just wasn't agreeable.  Our beautiful, finally finished backyard wasn't able to be enjoyed, but once again, we were grateful our house could accommodate the numbers.



The food table was in the dining room...and it was awesome.  Not just the food, but the decor was so cute.  Everything was bumble bees...just like Blip's room will be.  My sisters found some super cute bee decor.  They served meatballs, little smokies, spinach dip, chips & salsa, crackers & cheese, pretzels, sugar cookies, cheese cakes, cream puffs...and my mom made THE cutest beehive cake. Not only was it super cute, but it was delicious.  




On the other side of the table,  the girls created a super cute candy table...with all candy black, white, yellow and green (just like Blip's room will be).  In the kitchen and on the patio, there were beverages.  They had games in the entry way, along with where the gifts were placed.




Our house was packed with so many people...all of whom we are lucky enough to call our friends.  There was standing room only...it was such a good time.




We ate, socialized and then opened presents.  We were given so much incredible stuff.  I told Mike you'd think with all those presents we wouldn't need another thing.  Haha...I can't believe how much crap a baby needs!!  We are truly grateful for our friends' generosity.  What a blessing.




My sisters also added a diaper raffle to the party.  We were shocked how many people brought a pack (or two) of diapers for Blip!!  We did this for Carol's twin shower...she diapered her boys for over a year just from the diapers she received at her shower.  Mike & I are also interested to see how far we can get diapering Blip with the diapers we received (27 packs/boxes).  Carol won the raffle...and she was dang excited about it.  Love that girl.




Everyone left except my sisters, both sets of parents, plus Rebecca & Cody...and they were all exhausted.  They cleaned up the house...put the furniture back where it belonged and made sure everything was just so before they left.  I'm surprised my sisters could even walk by the time they got in their cars to drive home. I wish I knew how to properly thank them for all they do for me...especially since I've been on bed rest.  We would not have survived without everything they have done to keep us afloat.




Mike and I were also exhausted.  It was the most activity we've had in memory.  My feet hurt so bad...and my tail bone feels broken.  I know it's not...just kinda funny the odd places that choose to hurt for whatever reason.



We turned off all the lights, hobbled upstairs, showered and fell into bed.  I slept a deep sleep until it was time for a potty break.  Luckily, I'm only getting up 3 or so times a night now.  


Mike and I are doing our very best to sleep as late as possible for our last few weeks of freedom.  I'm not sure how we'll survive Blip's schedule when he arrives, but we sure do love our no-kid schedule we've been "lucky" enough to share for the last 3+ years (and our entire lives before that).  I think the sleep will be our biggest life altering event that will take place when Blip officially joins our little family.



We are so thankful for all of our family and friends who were able to celebrate with us.  We were truly humbled by the amount of love shown to us.


(p.s. I didn't take very many pictures...especially with people.  I don't have ONE picture with my sisters...or even with Mike other than opening gifts.  I am totally disappointed...I should have asked someone to be in charge of that for us.  Damn. Damn. Damn.)

5 comments:

n8'swife said...

What a fun shower and all of the bumblebee decor was so dang cute!! Congrats!

my mudda' calls me jack said...

Absolutely Beautiful! I'm so sad I wasn't able to make it... Heidi is super sick (104 degree fever for 4 days!!!! and then 100 for the last 3 days!!!!). I had a babysitter lined up, and I was planning on coming even right up until a few hours before hand, but I just couldn't leave my little girl... I hope Todd and I can barge in and come see you soon (todd will be DONE with school in 10 days.... maybe we can squeeze in a visit before the baby and christmas are upon us!)

Mallory said...

looks like fun! you look adorable!

The Willeyes said...

So fun, and adorable decorations! What a fun theme and they did it so darling :) Love it, wish I could have been there!

The Willeyes said...

So fun, and adorable decorations! What a fun theme and they did it so darling :) Love it, wish I could have been there!