I knew today was going to be a big day in the pool for Blip....and for me. Jen warned me that she would begin "flipping" Blip on Wednesday. I mentally prepared myself, and I think I did okay. However, Blip did much better than okay. He was awesome today!! Awesome....and frustrated...and possibly angry.
When Jen flipped him the first time, he immediately started to turn himself. He used all his limbs....all his energy, and he needed very little help.
By the time he'd been flipped another time or two...he was able to turn and float on his own.
I'll be honest...I had a hard time watching Blip's lesson today. I did better than I imagined, but dang....it was hard watching my baby struggle. He was doing great, but he was frustrated and was working so hard. He was screaming (which is rare)....and I wanted to rescue him. But I know rescuing him would not be helping him learn to rescue himself.
And that's what I need for him.
It's his first life lesson in rescuing himself if he ever gets in a bind. It is so hard for this momma to let him learn when I could so easily save him myself. I guess it's a life lesson for me too.
TWINS SENIOR YEAR HOMECOMING PARADE!
3 weeks ago

2 comments:
WOW! I love this. What a wonderful program and such a necessity, I think, when living in AZ where backyard pools are a-plenty. Good job, Mama (and of course, Blip!)
Dang that is freaking crazy!! I am so amazed at cody!
Post a Comment