Dear Blip,
You are almost six whole months old. You have changed so much since the night I first met you. You were so tiny...and perfect. I couldn't believe we created such a perfect little boy.
I have loved you since the second we saw the "flash" on the monitor...showing us two embryos had been transferred...and for the first time, we had real hope.
I was even more in love with you when I saw you for the first time during an ultrasound at 4 1/2 weeks...you were my tiny Blip on that screen.
I loved you each time I felt you moving inside of me. Pain or no pain...I really loved knowing you were growing and developing. Watching my belly grow was something else. I was so proud to carry you.
The second I held you for the first time...that's when I thought I loved you most. I couldn't remember ever feeling so much love, peace, and pure joy. Those moments were the best in my life.
Boy, was I wrong. After these months have passed so quickly, I think I love you a little more each and every day. Each new experience. Each new expression. Each newly learned task. Each time you look at me. Each time you laugh. That giggle provides a deeper love each time I hear it.
I love you, Baby Boy. I love that you know I'm your momma...and I love watching you love your dad. You'll probably think we are both completely nuts until you have a child of your own. We didn't know what to expect, or why our parents were so crazy. Now we know. That's okay...it was worth waiting for.
Love,
Your mom



No comments:
Post a Comment