Tuesday, August 21, 2012

High Chair

We had Blip's 6-month well check today.  He is amazing.  And perfect.  We didn't need to go to the doctor for that, but he did need some shots....and the good doctor's blessing for another three months.  It's always fun to get official measurements too.


Blip weighed in at 19 pounds 13 ounces...putting him in the 81st percentile for weight alone.  He is 28.5 inches long....putting him in the 95th percentile for height alone. His head is 17.6 inches around.  His weight/stature is in the 50th percentile.  Blip gained just over 3 pounds since his 4-month well check.


It is really fun to watch Blip's personality developing.  He is very, very interested...in everything!  We call him "nosey".  He is constantly looking around....just watching everything/everyone.  It's kind of strange to be a super content and intense, but he's both.  


He is really good at sitting in his high chair now.  He has really grown into it since we bought it.  He loves the toy that clips into the tray....and he is now big enough to play with it on his own.  Before he couldn't reach it very well.  It's amazing that a few weeks can make such a difference.


Mike sent me some pictures the other day after he fed the baby.  The pictures made me laugh.  Then I was making meatloaf & potatoes for dinner, so I put Blip in his high chair.  I thought we could still at least "hang out" and be together if we were in the same room.  We talked for a while....then he was really loving his toys...and I was cooking. 


All of a sudden it got really quiet.  I turned around to see Blip fading....he was staring straight ahead...and he may have been asleep with his eyes open.  Creepy.  Derek used to do that.  After a few seconds of that, he was out cold.


I let him sleep for 10-15 minutes, but then started to wake him. I didn't want him to take too long of a nap and then not go to bed.  He didn't wake easily....he was OUT.  I finally washed my hands...walked over and rubbed and kissed his forehead.  He finally opened his eyes....just enough to see me...then he smiled really big....closed his eyes again and was out.  


I kept talking to him, so he only slept for a few more minutes before waking to play with his toys again.  I finished what I was doing, tossed everything in the oven and we headed upstairs to start our bedtime routine.

(p.s. look at the difference from Mike's Droid camera quality to the iPhone camera quality.  Wow...time for Mike to get an iPhone!)

No comments: