Sunday, August 19, 2012

Baby Food


Blip had Aunt Regina spoiling him this time.  His normal spoiler, Aunt Robyn, wasn't there.....luckily Regina took over. There are all these moms that know what they're talking about...and then there's me.  I read too many books and have too many questions, concerns, unknown nonsense in my brain.  I really (REALLY) try to go with the flow...and I want the very best for Blip.  But what the hell do I know?  So I love when my sisters just kinda take over...they think I hate it, but I actually prefer it.  If they would just tell me what to do and when....my life would be a lot less complicated AND I could get back to reading other things.


Regina was having some Cheetos...and some Blip.  She decided Blip should also have some Cheetos.  He, of course, loved the Cheetos...and I'm pretty sure Regina just moved in to the #1 spot for the time being.  He also had some guacamole (he already loves avocado, so what's really the difference?)...and water from a cup (again).  I can't seem to remember his dang sippy cup...it's not a habit yet.  He needed to wash down his squash and guac dinner. 

Regina was trying to give Blip some hamburger bun, but I think Mike's reaction put a stop to the feeding.  Blip's already had a breadstick at Olive Garden (sans seasoning), so I didn't see what the issue was.  Mike is a little more uncomfortable with all this.  I know it's all coming, I just don't do it quick enough.


Blip also loves the Gerber Puffs.  The Garden Tomato flavor is the canister we have been working on, and he seems to really enjoy them.  Richelle loves to feed him when she's here with the boys at dinner time (so they can swim).  I love that she teaches me stuff I don't know....or feel less than adequate to do myself.

I would be lost without my sisters.  No joke.  I seriously need them, and wish I had them every single day.

****

I decided I wanted to make some of Blip's baby food.  I did some reading, and it looked easy enough with the right tools.  I did a bunch of reading about which baby food maker thingy was the very best...and decided to go with the Baby Brezza.  I wanted one that did everything in one machine...and this one had great reviews.  I also found one that was brand new less than half price on Craigslist.  

So after Robyn and Richelle laughed at me, I made Richelle go with me to buy this thing one night.  The lady I bought it from was super nice.  She had the (brand-new) machine, the cleaning brushes, the cookbook and manual, and several storage containers.  I was so excited to try it out.

I haven't made as much of the baby's food as I would have liked to, but I have made quite a bit...and then we use store bought food for the other times.  I am getting more adventurous with the whole thing. I went to Sprouts tonight and bought some different stuff to try.  I made a list of what produce is best Organic and what doesn't matter...this makes it a lot quicker for me at the store. Otherwise I am looking for an on-line list while trying to shop....ugh.  I have issues.

Blip loves avocado and sweet potatoes.  I have made all his avocado foods, but now I am going to try sweet potatoes.  It should be pretty easy.  So far I have made avocado, avocado/banana, carrots, blueberries, peaches, banana, and I made my own recipe of banana, peaches, blueberries & oatmeal.

This week I am making pears, that BPBO concoction I listed above, sweet potatoes, carrots, and squash.  Using the machine I bought makes it super easy to make Blip's food.  I actually like doing it...but it will take a little time to get all the details ironed out so the process is quicker.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Oh man.....when I see blip I call dibs on giving him first Pepsi!, can you say dute dute blip? :)