I can't believe my sweet baby boy is six months old!! It feels like forever since I was pregnant, but I swear this kiddo just got here!! At the same time, I can't imagine life without him here.
Blip is sitting with help. He can kinda sit on his own....if he leans all the way forward and uses his hands or elbows for more balance. I work with him everyday, but he just isn't there yet. He is at the point of trying to eat his toes....constantly.
He loves to play on the floor with his toys. He is perfectly content to play all by himself....until he rolls on his tummy. He absolutely will NOT roll from his tummy to his back. I usually give him some time to try and figure it out, but once he's on his tummy and is upset....he pukes. "Luckily" he doesn't roll to his tummy much anymore. I try to roll him to his back before he has his hands and/or face in the pile of puke.
He still likes his swing, but we don't use it as much as we use to. He is big enough that we have to use the shoulder straps now too. We have used the leg straps since he was a couple months old, but now he is strong enough to lean forward.
Blip is still very content. He is always looking around to see what's going on around him. He still rarely fusses and smiles quite a bit. He loves his daddy...and smiles as soon as Mike walks in the room. He has started smiling a lot more for me. He will sometimes smile when I walk in the room, but he still snuggles with me a lot. He puts his arms around my neck as best he can to hug me when I hold him up on shoulder.
I am still trying to get use to spending only a few hours a day with my own child. I don't know that I would even want to stop working, but there are days I long to stay home with Blip. I love that Lori is watching him at least two days a week. The other two days he is with Richelle and the boys, so I know he's happy there too. The weeks seem to drag....and the weekends are so short. I try to spend every second possible with Blip...and Mike too.
I am trying to figure out how to make some time for myself in the near future. I think Blip is old enough for me to find a sitter for a few hours. Maybe on a Friday night for myself to get a few hours to myself....and I would love to have a date night with my husband. My biggest problem is convincing myself that I can NOT spend those few hours with him...and that we (read: I) will be okay.
I love watching Blip grow, but I hate it at the same time.






No comments:
Post a Comment