Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Stupid Cancer

My good friend, Michelle, is battling (stupid) colon cancer for the second time.  The chemo she is on this time is causing quite a bit of discomfort to her head...and many other parts too.  Michelle quickly became annoyed at all the Tingling and itchiness...which would eventually lead to her hair falling out, so she took control.



A few of us gathered at Michelle's home to support her during a huge step in her fight.  A huge step. A hard step.



I watch my friend in complete amazement.  She is so incredibly strong...and fearless.  I love to see her smile.  I especially love when she smiles at her babies.  She loves them with all of herself and I love to see it pouring out of her.



The kids helped Cher shave off all of Michelle's hair.  She was so brave...I don't know if I would have been that composed.



After her hair was no longer, she tried on the two wigs she bought.  One crazy one and one regular one.  She rocks no hair...and that's what I like the best.  That beautiful bald head can teach so many strength, courage, passion...love.  True beauty doesn't need hair.


1 comment:

It's My Life said...

She is amazing! and oh so very strong. What a great example to all of us.