I've been wanting to start Blip in swim "lessons" for a few weeks now, but we've been so crazy busy that it didn't happen until now. Hubbard Swim School offers a free class for infants six weeks through six months called "Baby Splash". One of us get in the water with Blip for 30 minutes once a week. This class is to get infants comfortable in the water...which Blip seemed perfectly content with.
When Blip is six months old, we will start him in a small group lesson once a week for 30 minutes. One of us will still get in the water with the baby. Mike got in with Blip the first week because a) I don't own a swimsuit that fits my still very post-baby body and b) I don't want to be any kind of undressed in front of anyone while I am so heavy...even my arms are fat.
Mike was a little grumpy before the class, but as soon as he was in the water with his son everything changed. Mike didn't stop smiling the entire time. It was really cute to see them together.
After our first class, I decided I should get over my-fat-self and get a swimsuit so I can experience this stage in the pool with my baby. Fat or thin...I don't want to miss anything because I'm worried about what someone else might think...Ugh. Even at my thinnest I would have thought the same awful thoughts about myself. So for my baby...I will get over my own insecurities.
TWINS SENIOR YEAR HOMECOMING PARADE!
3 weeks ago



No comments:
Post a Comment