We went in with a simple plan. We would split up the shots...no need for five or six vaccinations at once. There aren't any vaccination I don't think my kid should have...and I don't buy into all the hubbub about autism. I might have given it more thought had the guy who linked vaccination and autism hadn't come out and said he made it all up. Who does that?
She wrote down all the vaccinations "normally" given at the 2-month well check. Dr. J went over each one in depth. Most of what she told us I had read, but it was a nice refresher.
Here's what we were lookin' at:
Hep B (his second dose...the first given the day after he was born) (causes chronic liver infection, liver failure, liver cancer)
RV (Rotavirus)(causes severe diarrhea, dehydration)
DTaP (Diptheria, Tetanus and Pertussis/Whooping Cough) (causes D= swelling of the heart, heart failure, coma, paralysis, death; T= broken bones, breathing difficulty, death; P= pneumonia, death)
Hib (flu type B) (causes meningitis, mental retardation, serious breathing problems, pneumonia, death)
PCV (Pneumococcus) (causes blood infections, meningitis, death)
IPV (Polio) (causes paralysis, death)
The Hib was a liquid form, the rest were shots.
I had to make the final decision, so we went with some now and some in one month, like we planned. Blip got the RV, DTaP, Hib, and PCV. Three shots and one liquid. We aren't leaving the country for Africa or China, so we will wait on the Polio. And he can have the second Hep B in a month...no problem.
I wish there was an instruction book on how and what to do to raise your child. I don't mean one with a bunch of crazy people commenting with their idiotic thoughts on the subject.
Blip did NOT like those shots. He let out a scream with the first poke...a mostly confused scream. The nurse did it quickly, but it seemed like forever before I could scoop up my baby in my arms and comfort him. I didn't even have to threaten Mike with his life...he just let me grab him. Mike gave me a second to comfort Blip and then we both consoled him together. I wonder if all new parents are like us?
The rest of the day was pretty normal. Blip slept long and hard during his nap. He wasn't any fussier than normal and I made sure he had his tylenol. I did hold him a lot more than normal...and I didn't make him do his tummy time. I figured it would make us both happier to just sit and be close to each other.
One thing I did before I went to bed...that I should never have done. I got on-line and found some sites I hadn't been on before...different sites about vaccines and the horror that they are. If you want to scare the hell out of yourself...just start googling the vaccines your child was just administered.




No comments:
Post a Comment