This year I wanted to do a little something to celebrate the baby's first Easter...even though it was clearly more for my pleasure than his.
Everyone had a good time hunting for eggs. We enjoyed each other's company until 8pm. Richelle had to make a stop at Ikea on our way home, so she had us out the door, loaded in the car and on our way at 8pm sharp. I was thankful she was so insistent on heading home so "early".
I didn't walk in the door until after 10:30pm. The baby slept off and on all afternoon in the car and with Grumpaw, so I was nervous he wouldn't sleep Friday night at all. I bathed him, fed him, read him stories, listened to music, sang songs hoping that going through his bedtime routine would make hims sleepy. We were blessed with the best baby ever...he slept from 12am until 7am. He ate and when back down and slept until almost 9am.
Mike worked off duty on Saturday night to make a few extra bucks, so I took the opportunity to get a picture.
After I put Blip to bed on Saturday night (in his new ducky jammies), I got his Easter basket out of the closet, so the Easter Bunny would be able to find it. I love his "basket" (that's really a bucket). I asked Carol to help me make Blip's Easter basket while I was still pregnant. She surprised me and gave it to me at our baby shower.
The Easter Bunny left some fun stuff for the Baby...some new toys (because we are SO bored with the few we have already), a duck puppet, a lamb puppet, some candy (because Easter baskets must contain some candy), some new books, and a few other things I can't remember.
Mike worked off duty Sunday morning until 1pm. While he was working, I wanted to go to church to hear my dad speak. The baby has church clothes for Sydney's wedding this week, but I realized this morning that I don't own a dress that would fit more than half of me...I am not quite the size 6 I was a year ago. Damn. I don't want to spend anymore money on clothing I that won't fit for very much longer. I've already dropped a pant size from what I bought post-pregnancy (and dropped more than 35 lbs), so hopefully I can continue this trend. (Thank you to my dad and my mother-in-law for noticing!!)
We finished Blip's bedtime routine and he went to bed like a rockstar.
I love my little family. I feel so incredibly blessed.




2 comments:
Great photos my friend. Your happiness simply radiates from them. And I really like the ones where Cody is laying there with his head up, not sure why, but I just think that's cool. :)
Great pictures of Cody! You look so happy in them :) THANK YOU for taking my boys, they ae still talking about it today!
Post a Comment