Blip is smiling more and more. He doesn't quite love tummy time anymore, but he will tolerate it for short periods of time. He mostly enjoys spending tummy time on the Boppy pillow. He is finally starting to fit into his 0-3 month clothing. It's fun to see him in the cute stuff I bought for him. Some of it is still too big, but most of it fits.
Blip loves music. He even likes me singing to him...which really does say a lot. Either he doesn't really like music, or he loves his mother. If he is cranky when we are in the car he calms down quickly if music is turned on. He likes to be sung to at night...and when I run out of ideas, I turn the music on my iPhone on and we listen to that. He seems to like it a lot.
Blip loves music. He even likes me singing to him...which really does say a lot. Either he doesn't really like music, or he loves his mother. If he is cranky when we are in the car he calms down quickly if music is turned on. He likes to be sung to at night...and when I run out of ideas, I turn the music on my iPhone on and we listen to that. He seems to like it a lot.
At six weeks we moved Blip into his own room. He had been taking naps in his crib for a week or so prior to his first night in there, so he transitioned easily. We do our bedtime routine and then he goes down (most nights) very easily. He still sleeps swaddled...we both enjoy that. I know he can't pull his blanket over his head and he feels warm and secure. Win win. He naps swaddled too. I am slightly worried about how he will do at the babysitter's house...in the portable crib. He still needs to be swaddled and the bed needs to be elevated. As my time home with him comes closer and closer to being over, I feel more and more stressed and worried about my baby and his sleeping habits.
Blip sleeps for about six hours before waking to eat. I feed him a five ounce bottle before he goes back down for 2-3 hours more sleep. He really is a great sleeper. I'd like to take some credit, but I'm not sure if it was me or him. I am hoping he will be ready to start sleeping longer without waking to eat. Hopefully in the next week or two he will weigh enough to start trying.
Blip's two month check-up (and first set of shots) is scheduled for this coming Tuesday (April 17th). I go back to work after this last week home with my sweet baby. I am ready to go back and find me again after all this time off, but I am sad to leave my baby boy. I want to be the one caring for him and making sure he gets what he needs, but I know he will be in good hands...and they will probably do a better job than me making sure the baby learns and grows just as he should. It will be good for him to interact with other people and other kids for a few hours four days a week. Even if I was staying home, I would want him to have time away from us to learn and grow and adapt to other people/kids.
I had an ultrasound today (04/14/12) to get a look at my ovaries. They are still a little more than a centimeter bigger than they should be. So is my uterus. I am hoping I can be free to run and jump and hike and be me again...officially. I would be so pissed if I made it this far and one of my stupid ovaries flipped and had to be removed.
**Stats**
Today at the doctor's office Blip weighed in at 11 lbs 8 oz and 23.75 inches long.
**Stats**
Today at the doctor's office Blip weighed in at 11 lbs 8 oz and 23.75 inches long.



1 comment:
Two months and he is more beautiful and more beautiful.
Post a Comment