Thursday, May 10, 2012

3 Months

Our little 6 pound baby is no longer.  He's pushing 13 lbs...but we'll get an official weight at his appointment later this week (when he gets the rest of his 2 month shots).



This weekend I realized how small his 0-3 month sized clothes are starting to be.  His 3-6 month sized clothes seem huge still...so I guess we will pick and choose what fits each day for a few weeks.




I finally finished the nursery last week.  I was waiting on a canvas print to come in...and then I hung the bird feeder.  I wish I could post pictures that truly gave an understanding of the nursery.  It is awesome...and Blip loves his room.  He lays on his changing table and looks all around the room.  He coos at the bees and he loves to look at the pictures.  I hung the letters a few weeks ago.  I really like the letters I bought, but I do wish they were bigger.  Oh well...next time...now I know.



His size 1 diapers are just about too small.  They've been on the verge of too small for almost a week, but since they still fit him...we've been trying to use up all the size 1 diapers we can find around the house (in the diaper bag, at the babysitter's house, in the car, etc).  I think we have two or three left...so Blip will officially be in size 2 diapers tomorrow.



Blip loves music.  It's almost funny.  He loves to listen to music before bed, in the car, when we're just hanging out at home.  His face lights up and it even settles him down.  I love music, so I wonder if all the listening we did together while I was pregnant and stuck on the couch helped?






We still swaddle Blip for naps and bedtime.  He won't sleep any other way.  I accidentally forgot to pack swaddle one day last week. Rebecca swaddled him in a blanket and put him down for nap.  Perfect.  Or not so much.  He wiggled his way right out of that blanket swaddle and didn't nap.  It cracks me up.  He likes to be  wrapped up nice a tight...like a burrito.




Blip sleeps about 12 hours a night...give or take.  He doesn't normally wake up until he's ready to be up for the day.  He has always been a good nap taker, but this week he has had a rough go at it.  Without his sleep...he is unhappy.  However, he is (still) rarely fussy.  He is so content...the perfect baby.  We shake our heads in disbelief at how chill he is on a regular basis.  He seems to just go with the flow...unless he needs sleep or food.




I am struggling with his food intake.  He eats great, but as he gains weight, he needs to have a higher total of ounces per 24 hours.  Because he sleeps 12 straight hours, we have to fit his necessary amount of formula in the food in between his two naps throughout the day.  I have bumped some of his feedings up to six ounces, but that can cause him to spit-up more.  Or he just doesn't finish the bottle, which is fine too.  He already eats every 2-2.5 hours, so there really is no way to feed him less more often.  If this is our biggest issues...I'll happily take it.


The baby still loves swim class.  He seems to like being in the water, but hasn't smiled yet while in the pool.  He is just calm and relaxed during the 30 minute class.




Blip also loves bath time. He is out of the newborn sling and sitting up in his tub (with help and lots of supervision).  He loves to kick and splash.  




Tummy time still isn't his favorite activity.  He likes his swing, his bouncy seat, and he likes being on the floor with toys, but mostly on his back.  He tolerates tummy time several times a day, but prefers to be on the Boppy pillow.  I force him to be flat on his belly for as long as he's calm.  I also introduced him to the Bumbo seat this last week.  He liked that quite a bit, but his neck is only strong enough for a few minutes at a time.






I feel giddy on my way home from work.  After thinking about him and wondering about him all day, I just can't wait to see him.  I love the way he smells...and I love his cheeks...and the fat rolls on his thighs.  I love to hear him laugh.  I love the way he snuggles with me...and the way he knows I'm his momma.  I love our time together.  Especially now that my time is so much more limited.






Our little bundle of joy is just that- a joy. He has brought more joy into our lives than we knew possible.  Our life is completely different...and we love it.  Every exhausting second of it.

3 comments:

It's My Life said...

I totally love that boy!

Unknown said...

I've been catching up on the last few of your posts. I love how I can feel the love and joy in your writing. You are a wonderful momma and Blip is precious!

Ana said...

Wow!!! I haven't checked your blog in a while and I can't believe how much Blip has changed! He's perfect.