Blip's reflux has gotten slightly worse.
It feels strange to say that because he doesn't scream and he doesn't do the projectile vomit thing. He does spit up...some days are worse than others. He also curls up into the fetal position, then straightens his legs all the way out and arches his back. He'll let out a little yell...and then he smiles until the next time he hurts.
Over the last month or so I also noticed some of his spit up has a pink tinge to it. It only happened once, but over the last couple of weeks, I have noticed the pink tinge more and more.
I made an appointment with Dr. J on Thursday to discuss all the reflux goings on. Blip was supposed to have his second set of his 2-month shots on Thursday afternoon, but we rescheduled them for this coming Thursday. He was so upset after the poking and prodding that I couldn't console him. Dr. J said we should just wait. There was no reason to upset him even more. I agreed.
For the time being, our decision was to change Blip's meds. He was on Zantac, but is now on Prevacid. We are also making an appointment with a Pediatric GI doc. Dr. J also asked me to bring in something with the tinged pink spit-up on it so they could determine if the pink was blood. Of course everything had already been washed, so I have to wait until I see it again. With my luck, the Prevacid will stop it and we'll never know if the pink tinge was blood. I guess that would be both bad and good.
TWINS SENIOR YEAR HOMECOMING PARADE!
3 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment