I met with my OB on Today. We shared my concerns about the level of discomfort I am experiencing...and now the cramping. She checked my cervix...which is still closed and where it needs to be for now. She also did another test to see if my body was producing a certain hormone that would indicate my body would go into labor within the next two weeks. Luckily, that test came back negative. Blip is still very high, so I wasn't too worried....since he is no where near my cervix (opened or closed).
However, because my ovarian pain is what it is...and because I had the additional back cramping (beginning to mimic labor pains, I guess) my doc wants me to lay a little lower than I have been already. I have not been told I need to stay in bed (yet), but she wants me doing (even) less than I am allowing myself to do. Ugh.
She also wanted to know what we had done about selecting a pediatrician. Uh...not a lot? I told her I had thought about selecting one, but hadn't done anything about it...and quite frankly...didn't really know how to pick one. She gave us a few recommendations of hers and gave us a list of docs in the area.
When we got home, I changed into my comfy pants and a big t-shirt...and climbed into my bed. I took a long nap...it felt great. Although I hate being stuck at home, I am thankful I was able to come home and sleep/rest more if that's what my body needs to make a healthy baby.


3 comments:
Question about that what ails you... maybe this is a dumb question, but does all this stuff with your ovaries immediately cease when Blip is born? Or are you expected to still have issues for a while after?
If it was anything like my OHSS (which I imagine it was, as they said if I would have gotten pregnant it would have continued until I had the baby) it will subside really quickly once things "click". I was up 20 lbs and 12" in fluid in my ovaries/abdomen over 5 days. Each of my ovaries was measuring over 10 CM. Once I was drained and things kicked in on their own I lost 5 lbs and 2" a day, and I honestly can barely remember it! At the time I felt like I was dying, I couldn't even breathe as it was squashing my lungs, but a week later I had a hard time believing it had ever happened - I felt 100%! I imagine you will be a bit slower to recover after 9 months of it though! You poor thing, I can't even imagine!
by the way - cute belly :)
Post a Comment