Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankful - Day 26

We are trying to wean Mike from his pain killers.  So after about 26 hours without any opiates...and too many nights without decent sleep, Mike asked if I thought he could take a Unisom to help him sleep.  I told him I had no idea, but figured it had been 24+ hours since his last pain pill, so I honestly didn't think it would matter.....but stuck with my "I have no idea" answer.


Mike was smart enough to call Poison Control and ask someone who actually knew the answer...and I am soooo thankful he did.  For anyone wondering: Opiates mixed with sleeping pills (even after 24+ hours since last ingesting any) can cause a person to stop breathing.  


Perfect.  Especially when said person is sleeping...so I would wake up to my dead husband.  


I'm thankful Mike had the sense to call someone and ask.


Even more than that...I'm glad I didn't wake up to him dead.  Once is enough...more than enough.  I can't imagine my life without Mike here with me. And hello!!  We're having a baby!!  I can't even imagine my life with Blip, me...and no Mike.  That is not the ending I've been dreaming about...not even close.




I am mostly thankful I still have my partner in crime...the one I laugh with, dream with and love.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Wow. That's kinda eerie to think about. I love that that picture from UP though. Even though it was a tiny part of the beginning of a cartoon, it's one of the best love stories I've seen.