Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful - Day 23

I am thankful for Rob.  He is one of my closest friends...and happens to also be my current partner at work.  It's just like the dream came true.  I doubt very many people know how Rob and I became such good friends...more than that...I consider him family.  A piece of my life I couldn't live without.  


He has been there for me through thick and thin for 11 years this month.  He was the one who got to me first that fateful night in August of 2000.  He was the one who asked the first basic questions and wrote down the answers on his 3x5 card. He was the one who made sure I got off the mountain safely...who made sure I was placed in the ambulance to ride with Kyle to the hospital.  When I had questions about that scene months later, I was lucky enough to be put in touch with him.  He was the one who could answer them...he was the one who genuinely cared enough to sit across from me and let me ask the same stupid questions over and over to help clear my mind of the what ifs.  


He's the one who pinned my badge on after my graduation.  He was my biggest cheerleader those 16 weeks.  He was still my biggest support system when I lateraled to Phoenix. He's the one I still call when I don't know the answer...because he always does.  


He's the one who knows me inside and out...and loves me in spite of it.  I know I can count on him to always be there....good or bad.  This relationship stemmed from tragedy, but it's another reason I would never change a thing.  I am so blessed to have him be such a big part of my life.



No comments: