I am thankful for food. I know, I know...not very Thanksgiving-y, but it's the truth. Last year, Raelynn and I did not get to participate in the eating portion of the holiday. Raelynn was just out of the hospital after having her gallbladder removed (and my parents were out of town)...so I stayed home with her to take care of her. Mike went to his family's dinner (it was our Buvala Thanksgiving year) and Richelle's family went to the Richards' family dinner. Both Mike and Richelle were going to bring us dinner, but there was some confusion. Raelynn refused to eat when her turkey dinner hadn't shown up. She kept reminding me that Richelle was bringing her dinner. She couldn't take pain pills until she ate...so you can imagine we were both hungry and annoyed (and she was in pain). Mike was going to bring us leftovers too...but both Richelle and Mike both didn't realize that they were the one bringing us our actual dinner. Raelynn and I were super disappointed to miss out on our favorite meal.
So this year...I wasn't missing it!! I have been looking forward to feasting on Thanksgiving food for 12 months, but especially over the last few weeks. I couldn't wait for the turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing (my fave), sweet potatoes, rolls....Mmmmm. I don't care too much for most pies, so it was all about the main dish(es) for me. Bill was our head chef this year...and he didn't disappoint.
(I really have gotten terrible at taking pictures lately. I even forgot my camera at home...so no pics of the festivities. How 'bout one of Raelynn from last year.)
TWINS SENIOR YEAR HOMECOMING PARADE!
3 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment