After my ultrasound on Monday, Blip stopped moving...he didn't even move throughout the night. I woke up and took Raelynn to her program and started worrying about Blip moving on my way home.
I called Richelle and asked her if she thought I should be worried. She said the baby should be moving...she told me to go home and eat breakfast and see if that woke him up. So I did...I had cereal and some juice. Blip moved twice. No kicks, just movement.
He didn't move again the rest of the day. I started worry after dinner when he still didn't move. I laid on my left side, I drank cold juice...I did everything I could think if (or read about) to get him to move. No luck. He didn't budge.
I called the after-hours number at my doctor's office, but I never got a call back. So, I called the Cigna nurses line. The nurse asked a bunch of questions, and based on my answers she recommended that I should head to the ER. Again. *sigh*
Being high risk because of me is a pain. The baby having an issue with his umbilical cord definitely doesn't help.
I quickly showered because I felt so disgusting. I had hot flashes ALL day long and just felt gross. I even had the house much cooler than normal all day to try and help me feel less like frying to death, but it was no use. I was literally a hot mess.
I called Mike and asked him to please come home. I usually don't ask...I usually tell him to stay at work and I will call if he needs to come home, but I was so hot and by this point and I was pretty worried too.
My parents are in California for my dad's 50th high school reunion, so I had Raelynn Tuesday night while Richelle was at baseball with the boys. My plan was to load Raelynn in the car and drop her off with Richelle. I didn't want to call Richelle...I knew she would leave baseball. I told Mike I didn't want to bug Richelle either, so he called the next closest person- Rebecca...but I didn't know it until she knocked on my door.
I had my purse in my hand...ready to walk out the door when she arrived. She told me Mike had called her and asked her to take me to the ER. I laughed...I was okay to take myself, but it was nice to see her.
I finally decided to call Richelle. I simply asked her if I could drop Rae off at the baseball field...she immediately knew something wasn't right. I hate causing such an inconvenience. She wanted to leave and come be with me...I told her not to miss Carsen's game.
She wasn't having any of that.
Richelle made a plan with Cody (Rebecca's Cody) to get Raelynn taken care of. Cody was such a huge help. Rebecca and I went to the hospital and checked with the ER. I am 22 weeks, so they will not see me in the ER in the any longer. I now go directly to the OB floor...so we walked up there and I signed in.
I was shown to a "room" and asked to undress...I had to put on a gown. Yikes. As soon as I was changed, they hooked me up to a monitor. We heard the baby's heartbeat immediately. I felt a huge weight lifted. Then we could hear Blip moving....and I felt so much better.
It still bothered me that he hadn't moved in so many hours...but there was no explanation.
About that time, Mike walked in. I finally felt peace. He was in uniform...he was worried about Blip and me, so he left work as quickly as possible. I love seeing him in uniform, so I was all for it. I don't get to see it often enough anymore.
The nurse did a urine test...and did a quick vaginal exam. Everything came back fine and my cervix is closed, so she said I could get dressed and go home.
Mike and I left the hospital, stopped off for a pizza (we were both starving) and then finally made it home. Since I was seen on the floor and not the ER, our co-pay was a lot cheaper. I guess it's considered "out-patient" on the floor. Whatever...we'll take it.
Blip didn't stop moving for about 24 hours after we left the hospital. He didn't slow down during the night...or during the entire next day. I loved every second of it.
TWINS SENIOR YEAR HOMECOMING PARADE!
3 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment