We met with my new OB today. For a nice change...Dr. T walked in and actually introduced herself. She had gone over my medical records, but had several questions. We went over everything together...and then she asked me if we would mind seeing another Perinatologist for a second opinion. She agreed that the issue with the baby's umbilical cord is typically a non-issue if it is the only anomaly, but said it couldn't hurt to take another look to make sure everything is on track. We agreed...nothing wrong with double checking all of Blip's parts.
Dr. T also measured my belly. This was something I'd never had done before. I am (accurately) 23 weeks 5 days. I was interested to hear that my belly is measuring at about 29 weeks. That explains a few things...like the size of my belly and the pain I've been having more and more often. And why my pelvis feels like it's broken. My body thinks I am a lot further along than I am. I am at the point I can't lift my legs to even get dressed without pain. It hurts to cross my legs...or to try and lift them in the shower to shave them (and there is no bending over at this point either).
Dr. T kept me on my modified bed rest. She said she did not want to "rock the boat" until she had seen me more than once...and wanted to see what the (new) Perinatologist had to say. Nothing will change, but I had to ask. She did give me the okay to get prenatal massages...as long as my lower back area and belly are left alone. I got my first massage today at noon...about 20 minutes after we got home from our appointment. It was great. I can't wait to get another.
Mike and I have been talking about going out of town for a few days for our anniversary. I need out of this house for longer than a few hours. However, I am officially not allowed to fly. Apparently, the elevation (in Denver) and the cabin pressure can cause issues to my already overly burdened ovaries. Damn. We probably shouldn't spend the money to sit in a hotel room instead of my family room, but I am going crazy. Especially since Mike will be having shoulder surgery right after our anniversary.
Dr. T was hopeful I would make it to 35 weeks. That's better than 32, but she also said we needed to play it by ear. She told us that "normal" cases that involve pregnancy and hyper-stimulated ovaries would have already resolved themselves by this point in the pregnancy. Meaning my ovaries "should have" gone back to their normal size by now. *sigh* We've heard that before.
She commented on the size of my ovaries...and said my case was not normal and that there were no definite answers. She guessed 35 weeks because a lot of twins are now being carried to 35-36 weeks, so it's hopeful that I can get that far too. However, there is no guarantee...and I'm interested to see what my pain tolerance really is. I am also interested to see how long Blip will continue to thrive in the environment I have provided...which is sadly less than perfection, but will have to do.
My cervix is still closed, so no pre-term labor issues thus far. I am lucky that's the case...helps me remain on "modified" bed rest for the time being.
I am excited to get another Level II ultrasound. The one benefit I have received from having issues is the amount of ultrasounds we've had. I love seeing Blip...I wish I could see him every week, but I know I have been able to see him more than most mommas.
Both Mike and I felt very comfortable with Dr. T. She spent more time with us in one visit than Dr. A did altogether. She seemed much more interested in my well being (and Blip's too). She got a kick out of the fact we call my boy Blip. We told her his real name would be Cody Michael (we think?), but she voted to keep it Blip. We're pretty sure it'll stick around too.
TWINS SENIOR YEAR HOMECOMING PARADE!
3 weeks ago

1 comment:
Finding the right doctor makes such a huge difference! I hope that she continues to be the right fit and that blip stays nice and comfy :)
Post a Comment