Saturday, October 29, 2011

Movement

Today one of the coolest things happened to me.  I don't have any pictures...and I haven't captured it on video yet, but I want to remember this day for the rest of my life.


I am (still) in love with feeling this baby move around inside of me.  I haven't gotten tired of it.  Every time I feel him move...it makes my heart happy.  On my worst days...the days I am so bored, so lonely and feel so depressed about this bed rest nonsense...it truly lifts my spirits to feel my baby move.


This afternoon Mike and I were watching a movie...he was on the couch and I was in the recliner (the only place I'm comfortable while awake).  I had on my usual clothes for this "activity" (comfy pants and one of Mike's big t-shirts).


All of a sudden, Blip started kicking and moving around...a lot.  He was really kicking, so I lifted up my shirt to see my bare belly...and it (my belly) was moving with every kick and every movement.


I told Mike to come over and look.  He slowly got up...and slowly walked over...just in time for Blip to stop.  Of course.  So, I gently pushed on my belly and he gently kicked back.  Mike and I started laughing...we could totally see Blip moving.  We sat there for a few minutes and just stared at my stomach...


Coolest. Thing. Ever.


Needless to say...I have spent the remainder of my day watching my bare belly bounce around.  All the books say it's too early for this to be happening, but I have to remind myself I am measuring about five weeks ahead of where I am, so I guess that is a contributing factor. Whatever it is, I don't care...I love it.


Richelle makes fun of me because I so wanted to experience pregnancy...and it's been anything but a smooth pregnancy.  As hard as it's been on my body (and my brain), THESE are the reasons I so desperately wanted this experience.  I am so thankful for this...even the bad stuff.  If it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger...right?

1 comment:

Kevin said...

I know its been said. Many times, by many people, but I'm so happy for you Randi. You guys totally deserve this happiness. Posts like these are the best. :)