Monday, October 17, 2011

Bliperatti

On Monday we had an appointment at the Perinatologist's office for an ultrasound.  I think it was our best/fave one so far...and we've had a lot.  Our ultrasound tech was so happy and she seemed more excited than we were to see the baby.




 
Blip was very active.  It was so much fun to see the baby move AND feel him at the same time.  There are still some movements I can't feel, but as the days pass, I feel him more and more.  It's hard to put in words, but I absolutely love feeling this boy move.  I am not annoyed yet, but can understand why it could get that way.  So far, I still find myself smiling each time I feel him.  I just can't get enough.



This ultrasound machine was incredible.  The details of the baby are getting more detailed and easier to see.  We have gotten pretty good at deciphering the ultrasound pics, but now it's just easy to see what it all is.



My absolute favorite part of the ultrasound was seeing my son's tongue.  We could clearly see him sticking his tongue out of his mouth and then putting it back in...over and over.  He also put his perfect little fingers in his mouth several times...and grabbed his umbilical cord too.



He also liked to keep his right leg bent at the knee...foot under his bum and his left leg fully extended.  I loved to see that because that's how I sit.  If he wasn't moving, he was sitting like that...it was so cool.



We could also clearly see the outline of the umbilical cord.  We can't see the defect, but it was interesting to see the cord...and the placenta is huge now too.  The tech was able to show us the different parts of the baby's brain and that the cerebellum was perfect, which means the baby's spine is perfect too...since they are formed at the same time. 



She got a clear view of Blip's face and was able to tell us that he does not have a cleft lip...everything looked perfect there too. (Not that we were worried about a clef lip...but still nice to know.)



Blip measured at 22 weeks and 0 days.  At the time of the ultrasound, Blip was actually 22 weeks and 4 days.  She told us the difference wasn't enough to be concerned yet, but we will continue monitoring him often to be safe.

No comments: