Day three has proven to be...just day three. Nothing of interest to report. :)
I did have to purchase the 1.5" binder to move my infertility notebook into from the 1/2" binder. I couldn't close it anymore, so it was time to move up. Kinda like my pants soon...or so I would guess. :)
A few months ago Mike and I went to a Fertility Conference put on by the FTC. We were entered into a drawing for a free IVF cycle, but (obviously) didn't win. Anywho...everyone was given a little "gift bag" to take with them. It turned out to be the coolest gift bag EVER because it had a pregnancy wheel thingy in it!! I always wanted one!! Sadly, I was so stinkin' happy about getting the stupid pregnancy wheel that I almost didn't care about the IVF cycle we didn't win. Almost.
I am addicted to the pregnancy wheel. It has all kinds of cool information on it...much more than just the due date calculator...it has Conception Cycle Landmarks, a Sperm Exposure Scale, an Embryo Transfer Scale, a Gestational Age Day Marker, Cursors that mark different things depending where on the wheel you are looking, an Early Ultrasound Probability Chart, a crown-rump length scale thingy, landmark scales, a bi-parietal diameter scale, a femur length scale,, a weekday scale, a genetic risk table, a pre-term delivery risk table, cervical length risk of pre-term labor scale, a scale for placenta previa perinatal mortality risk, an IVF/IUI success table/scale, BMI calculator, BMI body type range table, an estimated fetal weight calculator, an early pregnancy calculator and of course the pregnancy superwheel.
So a lot of those I don't use...or even know what to use them for (since I'm not actually pregnant and can't use them), but I do turn it to the right dates for our IVF transfer date (the approximate date as of now) and it shows me when I would be due...I smile from ear to ear each time I do it. Every day. At least once.
Okay, sometimes twice.
I also know that if I deliver at 30 weeks, my baby would have an 85% chance of survival and about a 6.5% chance of having a significant handicap. At 35 weeks, there is a 97% chance of survival and only a 2.5% chance of significant handicap. AND at 31 years old I have a 1/800 chance of having a baby with Down Syndrome...and only a 39% chance of IVF working. 31 is awesome. At 41 years old, I would only have an 18% of IVF working and a 1/50 chance to have a baby with Down Syndrome. It's all very interesting. :)
Besides picking up Mike some new tennis shoes and finding me a pill organizer (kill me) to keep everything straight, I went to work and watched the boys play baseball. Today was a pretty dang good day.
I think I will head out for my walk now...
TWINS SENIOR YEAR HOMECOMING PARADE!
3 weeks ago


4 comments:
I'm liking these pics at the end of your posts.
i wish blogs had a "like" button.
like.
i second that Carol. LIKE!! also, where can i get myself one of those fancy wheels? not that I am pregnant - nor do I have plans to be seeing that my hands are full enough already :)
I love the picture with this post!!!
Post a Comment