We had ham, potatoes, fruit, deviled eggs and rolls for dinner. It all delicious. My parents and Raelynn didn't make it because Raelynn wasn't feeling well. Carol, Jared & Co. did make it...we love when they come!! Aunt Barbara and Uncle Ron made it too. It was a fun afternoon.
Aunt Barbara kept watch over the eggs to make sure none were hunted & collected by the little Asian guy who has his grandkids come out and collect our eggs every Easter...she was perfect for this task. :) I love Aunt Barbara. :)
All the adults hid eggs and we enjoyed watching the kiddos hunt. The weather was beautiful today. It was perfect for sitting in the grass and enjoying each other.
Carsen found the elusive "golden egg" filled with money. He was pretty excited to open it up and find cash.
Savannah turns 16 on Cinco de Mayo. Regina gave her a list of things to choose from for her to be allowed to get her driver's license. One of those things on the list is my blessing. Yikes!! So, we had Savannah give us a test drive over to the site of the Gilbert Temple. Construction just started and it is only a few miles from Regina's, so we thought it would be a nice, easy test drive.
Savannah did a great job, but I was not ready to give my blessing. Sorry, Savannah!! We'll get there...she just needs a few more hours behind the wheel. I told Regina to bring Savannah downtown one afternoon and we could work on one-way streets, parallel parking and freeway driving. I can't believe you can't take Driver's Ed through the high school anymore. Stupid.
Typical Mike & Carol...at least Mike has someone to do this with at our family parties. Jared & I don't get it at all...but they seem to really enjoy it and think it's really funny. LOL
We had a great afternoon. I was glad Sydney & Billy came up and rode with us so they didn't have to miss out. It's been fun to spend some extra time with Billy lately. It's fun to see how grown-up he is becoming.


1 comment:
um we "think" it is really funny?! it IS really funny!! :) mike and i are hilarious!
i love carsen's reaction to the golden egg - that is awesome!!!
Post a Comment