Saturday was filled with this and that. Richelle and I had lunch with friends (amazing women, BTW) and stopped by the Apple store. I brought my gift cards and saved cash from Christmas and my birthday along with me. I didn't use any of it...again. I just can't bring myself to buy expensive things for myself anymore. I can't decide what I want the *most* and I know I can't buy both.
I am trying to decide between an iPad2 or a MAC laptop. I have a laptop that works just fine, but it's getting older and I really want a MAC. I am getting a Kindle from the bank promotion thingy, so I will have that new gadget-y toy.
I think an iPad would be so much fun, but...do I need it? And which one should I buy? Is the 16g big enough, or should I spend a small amount more and get the 32g? And I think I've talked myself into buying the one with 3G capability so I can turn it on when I travel or whatever. Plus the cost of the cover, the SD card reader, etc.
But by this point I have decided I really don't need either one, so I turn around and leave the store empty handed...well- the gift cards are still in my hand, along with the cash I have been gifted.
The iPad is cheaper and I would have to put in a lot less of my own cash (my Christmas & birthday gifts from Mike), but I am thinking a laptop is more useful and is also portable. Holy crap. Why is this such a hard decision for me? Ugh.
Plus, I want to sell Mike's iPod Touch I bought him for our Anniversary last year. He doesn't use it because we got Droid phones that do basically the same thing. I have a buyer, but I can't Mike to okay the sale. If that was sold and we bought an iPad with my gift cards, cash and the money from the sale...then it wouldn't cost us anything out of pocket. And we could both use the iPad more than the Touch.
All this indecision is very strange for me. Usually I am decisive...and quickly. I can't even blame the hormones yet...dang. :)
After lunch and the Apple store, Richelle, Mike and I drove out to Wendy and Michael's for a visit. They were in town for a short visit from the freezing north. I miss them living here...and wish they could come home for good. We played a couple games of Uno with Carsen and then we talked about our Wyoming trip coming up in July. I am pretty excited to fish with my dad and to see Yellowstone. I think I may be more excited to sit near the Snake River and read a book (or three) in the beautiful weather.
If I am not pregnant, then I will be excited to get the opportunity to do some rafting. Not being a work, no matter what I'm doing in Wyoming, will be great. It's definitely time for a break from victims, crime scenes, search warrants, in-custody interviews, etc.
Let's hope for no rafting. :)
TWINS SENIOR YEAR HOMECOMING PARADE!
3 weeks ago


No comments:
Post a Comment