Monday, January 10, 2011

Flat Stanley

A few weeks ago a friend of mine asked if she could send me something from her daughter's class.  Something about a project that was supposed to be sent to an out of state relative...and they didn't have any...so would I mind?  Heck no...send it to me!!  I had no idea what I signed up for, but how tricky could a 2nd graders project for an out of state relative be? 

I was pretty excited when I checked the mail and there was a package from Georgia inside.  I opened it up when I got home and found Flat Stanley!!  I had heard about Flat Stanleys before, but I had never gotten one...and I didn't know the whole story.  Richelle and I quickly made a list of things I should do with Flat Stanley while he was here...get him arrested, interrogate him, find a cactus...Richelle thought I should take him to the Grand Canyon too.  I decided against that...since I work full time and everything. 

I decided to keep Flat Stanley past his return date so he could travel to Disneyland with us.  I had a lot of fun with this project and I really hope that when he returns to Georgia on Wednesday with all his pictures and his letter about what he did here...that he'll say he had a good time.  I really hope we did it right.  Here are some pictures of what we did with Flat Stanley.  I hope when we send our child's Flat Stanley off for an adventure someday that whoever we send him to has fun and makes it a good experience for the child who sent it.

Our first night with Flat Stanley...made him Orange Julius to Celebrate.

At Jump Street

At work with me...

At the movies...Little Fockers

Dinner at Yardhouse

Flying to Orange County

Getting our luggage

Hangin' with John Wayne...

At The Cheesecake Factory...

I turned Stanley into a Pepsi-aholic since he can have as many calories as he wants!!

Staying on the Concierge level...

 Having a beverage before turning in for the night...


Riding the tram at Disneyland...yay!!

At the ticket counter


Flat Stanley got to make a wish too!!

Sydney and Stanley...

On Thunder Mountain Railroad...

Riding the Matterhorn.

Stanley thought the Steak Gumbo was too spicy...

Sharing a turkey leg...delish!

Mmm....a corn dog and a Mint Julep!!

More food...

Stanley's first Dole Whip...Yum!

Riding the Toy Story ride...it was awesome!!

Stanley loved the Castle...

Near the Walt Disney & Mickey Statue on Main Street

Tower of Terror

With Geppetto

Getting ready to go home to Morgan!!

7 comments:

E said...

WOW! What a lucky Stanley!

Carol said...

oh my word - i have never heard of that before but that is HILARIOUS!!! dang girl - you showed him one heck of a good time!

It's My Life said...

We show all our men a good time Carol...dont you?

Stefany Pew said...

I wish I was Flat Stanley!!!!! He is living it up!

Smathers House of Girls said...

My daughter's class did flat stanley 2 years ago. We sent it from NY to washington where my sister lives. She made it rain gear and sent it back with pictures and a Hailey (my daughter's name) Washington license plate. Yours will be great! They'll love that Flat Stanley went to Disney Land! I'M jealous of him!

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous all around with this post, where do I begin!? Feel free to send me your kids flat stanley....hopefully I'll be teaching somewhere amazing and fun....?

Anonymous said...

A) Love that you took part in a Flat Stanley project. Awesome experience...

B) That Mickey/Walt statue? They have a replica at Disney World, and it's my absolute favorite place in the park. :)