Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day Two @ Disney

We switched it up and bit so I didn't get attacked all night again...Richelle and I shared a bed and Robyn got stuck with Sydney.  I felt bad for Robyn, but I got a lot more sleep.

We made it in the park before the crowds, but only by a few minutes.  That still gave us time to ride Peter Pan before the lines were too long...and the Matterhorn too.  We grabbed a quick breakfast and Richelle and I rode Space Mountain again while Robyn and Syd rode the Nemo ride.



We rode the train again...and then Sydney and I got another Mint Julep.  Did you know at the train station near New Orleans Square you can hear Walt Disney's opening day speech in Morse Code?


For lunch we all got what we wanted...I got a bread bowl with Steak Gumbo, Richelle, Robyn and Sydney shared a turkey leg, corn dogs, corn on the cob and a chimi.   They tossed quite a bit of food out, but everyone tried some of what they wanted.  I was happy with my warm gumbo.  It was freezing cold all day...the warm food helped.


Another park secret we photograpghed (we already knew this one, but it's still fun) was the evil queen...every 30 seconds she appears from behind the curtain.


We rode Thunder Mountain a few more times and wandered around enjoying the park.  When we were ready to leave, we walked over to California Adventure.


Richelle talked us into seeing the Aladdin musical...it was really good.  I'm glad she wanted to see it again.  Then we headed over to Screamin'.  It is a great roller coaster...even though Robyn doesn't agree.  We waited in line for about an hour to ride the Toy Story ride.  It was totally worth it.


By this point we were so exhausted...and our dinner reservations were still hours away.  Luckily, they let us change both our dinner reservations and our reserved "viewing" time for World of Color.  We were so thankful.


The "preferred viewing" we were promised was not quite as preferred as we hoped for or expected.  The people running that place need to figure out how to more properly allow people to actually see the amazing show.  From what we could see, it was incredible.  I think the people who did not have preferred viewing actually had better seats because they were up above the heard of people standing all on one level trying to look over other people.  It was impossible for kids to see the show, so dads put kids on their shoulders...which made it better for the kids, but worse for those of us behind them.  We were sad we were unable to see more, but we were impressed with what we did see and can't wait to see it again.


I barely remember walking (what seemed like 10 miles) back to the car, showering and getting in to bed.  We slept late on Sunday and then ordered room service.  Richelle and I both got french toast.  The hotel had this carmel-maple syrup...it was sooo good.  After breakfast, we all cleaned up and packed our bags to head home.

This is what happens when you're exhausted...and have dirty hair.

The two or three days we get away together always go by so quickly.  We have so much fun together...there aren't words that can adequately describe it.  I hope if we are lucky enough to get a daughter...that we get at least two.  Imagining my life without sisters is unbearable.   Sisters make life whole...at least mine do.  We appreciate our husbands letting us have sister time so very much...they each let us go away a few times a year and we hope they know how much it means to us to be able to spend that time together.

2 comments:

Carol said...

that sounds really fun. i did know about the queen and the castle but i did not know about the morse code - what interesting facts you have! i love the messy hair :)

the dreamer said...

You know my Brooklyn saw this post and came and said, "How come your sisters never take me anywhere? I want to go to Disney with them." Just so you know.