Monday, January 31, 2011

FHL

So we live in this {amazing} house...with HIGH ceilings in the entry/living room.  I think it is Mike's favorite feature of our floor plan...he likes the openness of it all.  The only problem(s) we've encountered so far with the ceilings being unreachable- burned out light bulbs & dust.

We don't own a ladder anywhere close to tall enough...even if we stacked two together...I'm pretty sure we'd still be short.

When one of the four bulbs in the porch light burned out a couple of months ago, I decided it was time to start investigating the price of a ladder tall enough to fix the problem. 

The dust up in the corner wasn't helping any either.

I googled "16 foot ladder"...and was not shocked by the prices, but was not thrilled either. Holy expensiveness.  So I figured I'd check Craigslist before dropping a small fortune on a stupid ladder...one that would get plenty of use over the next lifetime, but still too dang expensive.  Craigslist had two 16 foot ladders posted in the Phoenix area.  Both were listed at $400...we, of course, hoped they would take less.

After e-mailing one of the sellers about two weeks ago...I got sick and blah, blah, blah we never followed up with the guy.  Mike e-mailed him earlier this week...luckily for us, he still had the ladder. [How many people can possibly have use for a 16 foot ladder?]

On Friday, Mike made arrangements to see the ladder....and he ended up paying $300 to the guy for it.  The owner told Mike he was selling it because he used to be an Electrician, but lost his business due to the economy...he is now attending Pharmacy school.  [sounds too familiar :( ...I do not heart North Dakota.]



Mike needed help to move the ladder from his truck the garage.  Yep...it's that big.  We should weigh  it...just for fun.  He called our neighbor Tracy...who has affectionately named it FHL.  You can decide what you want the letters to stand for...


It goes from one end of the garage to the other...we laugh every time we see it. But now we can dust our high corners...and change at least five burned out light bulbs.

1 comment:

Carol said...

freaking huge lifter?!

man that stinks you have to buy a ladder just to do that crap. oh well, note to self, if i ever need a 16 ft ladder - i will call you :)