Monday, October 15, 2012

Pumpkin Patch

We made plans to go to the Pumpkin Patch with Patrick, Sarah, Molly, and Tucker.  Our weekends are crazy right now with so much going on....our Dave Ramsey class every Saturday, having Richelle's boys, off duty, hair appointments, etc....so Sarah and I chose a Sunday afternoon we all had free.







After making a couple quick stops, we made it to the freeway......about that time Mike remembered he took the stroller out of the car the day prior so the cooler would fit in the back (for the chicken we ordered/had to pick up). Ugh.  We made a u-turn and headed back to get the stroller. I am so thankful he remembered when he did.  It would have been a miserable day without the stroller....or more realistically- a really expensive day buying another stroller.  I had my Ergo carrier, but it would not have been as enjoyable for anyone to keep Blip contained that much for that long.







I made a point to be leaving the house at the baby's nap time, so he was asleep....as planned.  We grabbed the stroller and were finally on our way to Queen Creek.  Blip did his part and slept the majority of the way.  I woke up feeling sick....after going to bed feeling sick.  I didn't want to miss Blip's first Pumpkin Patch, and we didn't want to cancel, so I figured my stomach could be upset and it would bother me, but didn't have to bother anyone else.





We made it to Schnepf Farms and enjoyed our time with Patrick, Sarah, Molly, and Tucker.  I can't wait until Blip and Tucker can actually appreciate each other....and really become friends. Looks like Blip may be our only child that has a cousin close in age, so we really hope he and Tucker take advantage of it.  Our next child will be out there on his own....which makes me sad since I had/have such a great relationship with my cousins on both sides.





Obviously we didn't do a lot other than walk around, look at stuff and watch Molly do some activities.  I was happy to watch little Mr. Blockwatch enjoy his people watching for the day...and he seemed to be his normal self.  He just happily hung out in the stroller, ate a couple times, kicked his legs, touched some pumpkins, ate some hay, played in the dirt, saw/smelled some animals....ya know...the pumpkin patch basics.



After a few hours and dinner with everyone, we headed home. Each first thing with my little family is awesome.  I am excited to make some fun family traditions as our family continues to grow. Next year I think we will head north instead of southeast...even a few degrees cooler would have made the even better.

1 comment:

E said...

CUTE! Makes my heart happy. I love that you almost always make your blog entries FULL of photos.