Sunday, October 7, 2012

Size: 12 Months

Well...it finally happened.  We couldn't squeeze Blip into his 9 month jammies any longer.  One day they just didn't fit.  We laughed about it, but luckily we noticed the end was would be upon us sooner than later, so I ordered some light-weight jammies  from Carters.  I had a few heavier sleeper jammies, but it isn't quite cold enough for those yet.


I had Friday off, so Blip and I spent the day cleaning out his closet.  We removed all his 6-12 month sized clothes and moved his 12-18 month sized clothes over....cut the tags off and put them in the laundry basket.  Mostly Blip bounced and jumped and babbled in his doorway jumper while I did the work.  At least he's good company.



Luckily, I have been getting really bored with Blip's clothes choices.  It wasn't nearly as sad to move him up to the next size this way.  Six months is a LONG time to wear the same things over and over.  And he has a lot to wear (trust me), but as some of his shirts became too short, his selection was getting smaller and smaller.


Some of his warmer 6-12 month sized clothes never made it to the front of his collection, so here's to hoping Blip has a brother!!


I kept thinking his bigger clothes would be HUGE on him, but nope....they fit.  His jammies seemed gigantic!!  I was positive they would be HUGE, too loose and wayyyy too long.  I got a rude awakening when they fit him perfectly.  Rude enough that I wondered to myself if I should have purchased so many pairs that size....or if I should have just gone up to the next size. 


*sigh*  He is really going to need that little brother. :) 



Maybe all of Mike's swimmers are boys?  Maybe only the good ones that were selected my the embryologist were boys?  Hmm...wonder what sex our two little frozen embies are?


I waited until Mike was home with us for Blip to debut his new police jammies.  His first (but not last) pair of jammies with police cars!! It is rare to find clothes, toys, etc with police cars.  Fire trucks?  Any time.  Any place.  Cops?  Not so much.  So if we find something with police cars...we make the purchase immediately.  (Although we may sway Blip toward the FF hiring line if things don't start looking up for the line of duty death rates...just sayin'.)



Blip was super cute in his new jammies.  He looks so big!!  It is so fun to watch him grow and learn, but it is so sad to see how quickly it is all happening.  

No comments: