We left home and headed towards Tucson around 4-ish...we caught some traffic, but it wasn't too bad. It was slightly worse once we were southeast of Phoenix, but nothing to complain about. We made okay time....but the time spent in the car together was nice. I read some articles and stuff to Mike and we held hands and talked while the baby slept. It worked out that it was the perfect timing for his afternoon nap, so he slept the entire way. He was out cold pretty much as soon as he was buckled in. I think I fed him a bottle on the way, but other than that...he slept.
We didn't get there until almost 7pm. It's REALLY long story, but we ended up NOT buying that Accord. We aren't sure how the scam was working exactly, but we do know that something was NOT right. So we left.
We found a Cracker Barrel on our way out of town, so we stopped there to eat. We also knew we needed to let Blip stretch his legs a little longer before making the long trip home. We figured Cracker Barrel would be a good place for him to eat dinner and be a kid...while we ate dinner too. It ended up being perfect. We sat there a long time letting him eat before locking him back in his car seat.
I changed Blip into his jammies and we headed home. Blip slept the ENTIRE way...again. I was hopeful that we would be able to transfer Blip from the infant carrier to his bed while he was sleeping. Nope. Not even close. He was WIDE awake after all those hours of sleeping. He stayed wide awake until after 3am.

No comments:
Post a Comment