Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Donuts For Rae

Raelynn spent the night with us on her birthday eve, so breakfast had to be something special for our birthday girl!!  Unfortunately, this necessity did not come to mind until we were waking up...and wanting breakfast.  I quickly dressed and headed out to find donuts and orange juice.  

Everyone was happy to have a little treat so early in the morning...and by "early" I mean close to 10am when we all woke up.  Even the baby.  He is good to us.

He happily devoured a his first donut.  He had glazed donut all over himself by the time he was done.  It was awesome.


I asked Raelynn what she wanted to do for her birthday on Thursday night before bed.....she quickly told me she wanted to go to lunch with her "Maid of Honor," Erin.  She grabbed my phone so we could make the call.  I knew Erin was on Fall Break, but I was crossing my fingers that she would be available for lunch on her last official weekday off.  Raelynn lucked out (and me too!) because Erin was available AND excited to meet us for a birthday lunch!!

We met at Cafe Rio because Raelynn wanted Mexican food.  Unfortunately, I don't think she liked what she got very much.  She ordered nachos...and added/deleted what she wanted and what she did not want, but they were still a bit different than she was expecting.  Poor girl....she picked off as much stuff as she could and ate the parts she could.  She is a crack up.

I needed to get some shopping done in order to have what I needed for our upcoming family pictures.  Raelynn HATES shopping, but she happily agreed to go with me.  Erin went with us to the first store, but then we were on our own.  As long as Raelynn could push Blip in the stroller, she was happy.  She was such a trooper!!  We did WAY too much shopping...and it took WAY too long.  By the time we got in the car from our last stop Raelynn looked at me with her tired face and said, "My feet are killing me!"

We went through the McDonald's drive-thru on our way home to get her something to eat.  We hung out for a little while after Blip went to bed...and then we went to bed too.  We were beat.


We celebrated as a family the week before Raelynn's birthday.  We had a party at my dad's house...all the VIP's were there- Robyn Hawkins, Grossarth, Richelle and me....her roommate.  She seems most content and at peace with life when we are all together.  I love her so much...and I am so glad she is our caboose.

**I am obviously a loser!  I didn't get any pictures of Raelynn on her birthday.  None from lunch.  None from breakfast.  None.**

No comments: