Friday, June 22, 2012

Shots

Blip's 4-month shots didn't go down quite as easily as his 2-month shots (two different times).  He had absolutely zero reaction to his any of his 2-month shots.  I gave him a dose to two of Tylenol the first round, but for the second he didn't need anything.  I expected his 4-month shots to be the same.


Unfortunately, Blip had a little reaction...nothing severe, just a small irritation at the site of the injection and he felt like crap for a day or two.  It was awful (for me) to see him feeling so crappy.  

His shots were on a Wednesday afternoon.  I was actually off the entire day with Blip.  Mike had rifle training all day (0700-1700), but forgot to tell me until Sunday night.  I didn't want to try and beg anyone to watch the baby so early in the morning...and I didn't want to wake the baby up and drag him anywhere that early either.  I am lucky that my boss has a family and does this job, so he was understanding, flexible and willing to let me work a 4-10 schedule and take Wednesday as my day off. (I really enjoyed my schedule that week.)

When bed time came that night, I could tell Blip wasn't feeling 100%.  He continued feeling crappy through Friday evening.  Blip woke up on Saturday and seemed to be good as new.  The Tylenol helped with Blip's discomfort.  I was thankful for that.

He has one more of his 4-months shots to get between now and his 6-month shots.  Hopefully he won't have any reaction next time.

No comments: