Over the last month a lot has changed. We are learning more and more about Blip's little personality. He is still very chill...calm, content and happy. He loves his momma the most, but he definitely loves his daddy too. Mike can make Blip smile and giggle like no other. It's so dang cute to see them together.
Blip's bestie was born on May 25th. Patrick and Sarah welcomed their son, Tucker James (Ike). They must have been buddies before coming here...they didn't even need to communicate. They were just born besties. It reminds me of my relationship with Carol Ann...minus the (small) age difference. Cousin besties are the best bestie EVER...AND the perfect Amazing Race partner. I was so super excited when Sarah found out she was having a boy for so many reasons.
This month we switched Blip to Prevacid from Zantac. It seems to be helping his discomfort level, but he is still a spitty baby at times. There are days he can't keep a thing down (it seems) and then there are days he doesn't spit-up at all. As long as he is comfortable, I don't care what he spits up.
Blip got the second set of his two month shots. I made the appointment at a time I had to be at work and Mike would have to take him by himself. It didn't bother me to make the appointment, but I was dang sad to be serving a search warrant instead of comforting my child. Being a working mother is hard in many ways.
Just in time for his four month birthday, Blip learned how to rollover. He worked at it for a couple weeks, but finally did it on purpose all by himself on June 8th. It was exciting, but Mike said he wouldn't believe it until he saw it with his own eyes. I was happy to be able to get it on video the next day while Mike was at work. I sent it to Mike, so it could be officially official.
We are still taking Blip to his Baby Splash swim class. Today was the first time he smiled and seemed really happy in the water. He has never cried...or made any noise, but today he finally smiled, laughed, cried, kicked...and really seemed to interact with Mike in the pool. It's amazing the difference from his first class to now.
It was a great month...that went too quickly. The days seem to fly by...especially the two days I am home on the weekends.
Today also marked the one year anniversary of my positive pregnancy test results. It's been a life changing year...one I that couldn't have ended any better than it has.






2 comments:
Oh, please!!! Can I hold him????!!!!
He is totally a Godsend!!! Thank you very much for sharing this
Post a Comment