I had two companies come out to give us quotes on the tile portion, but neither one wanted anything to do with the fixing of the sub-floor. One company did recommend someone that could/would fix it for about $100. I called that guy numerous times, but never got a call back. We called a family friend, but that turned out to be no good either. Finally, we had someone at the house to fix our front door...and he looked at the floor and said he could do it for $150 PLUS materials. Fine. Whatever. Just fix the floor.
He also gave us a quote to lay the tile, but his quote was about $500 higher without any of the materials. Uh...no. So he fixed the floor and I called to schedule one of the tile companies. I called, left voice mails, talked to someone, e-mailed two different people...never got a call back. So we went with the second company.
We've been using the guest/hall bathroom toilet since June...and just living with the flooring issue in our master bathroom.
Until today. Today our bathroom was finally finished!! We now have a WORKING toilet and a beautiful tile floor!!
While the bathroom was out of commission, I ordered window covering for the baby's room, our bathroom and our bedroom. Another project that we've been needing to get underway...that seemed impossible with both of us working so many hours. Since I was home...I got it crossed off the list.
Our bathroom is nearly done (for now). I'd like to have drapes made and add a few more things for some color, but for now...I am just happy.
We would love to remodel our master bathroom someday (maybe when we aren't paying to be pregnant?), but for now...we are so happy to have our bathroom back.
Not the greatest picture....but you get the idea.
As for the bedroom window coverings...there aren't many words that need to be written. I ordered shutters for our bedroom...and I couldn't be happier. Because we have funky shaped windows, what we had in there made me gag every time I walked in the room. I am a believer that your bedroom should be your sanctuary. If you gag when we walk into it...that does not a sanctuary make. Not to mention I've been spending quite a bit of time in there over the last 7 months.
The quote for the majority of the house to be fitted with shutters was a bit much to swallow, so we will add shutters over time. It was so great to get started. I have always wanted shutters, so this was a welcome change to our bedroom. I was surprised how affordable they really are, but not all at once.





No comments:
Post a Comment