Tuesday, December 13, 2011

30 Weeks & Counting

Mike & I had a growth ultrasound scheduled for Monday morning at our Perinatologist's office.  We lucked out and got our favorite ultrasound tech.  I don't know her name, but we love her...she is so happy and super excited about everything Blip is doing.


Blip is about 3 pounds 3 ounces...exactly where he should be for 30 weeks 4 days.  He measured 30 weeks 3 days, but we are pleased with how well he's doing.  All his organs are right where the need to be, and everything else seems in place too.

We left the doctor's office and stopped of at Einstein's for a quick bite to eat.  We had a few minutes before my OB appointment, so we sat and blabbed to each other about how cute Blip is.  After we ate, we headed across the street for my OB appointment.

We were seen pretty quickly...which meant we quickly got to see the scale.  Awesome.  I gained another 7 pounds...what could be better than that?  I've never even had nightmares about weighing as much as I do, but here I am...still pregnant. Still time to gain more weight. 

I don't understand how some people only get pregnant in the belly...I am pregnant ALL over my entire body.  Regina and I agree on this awful phenomenon that is in our genetics...it sucks.

I did my urine sample and then headed to the room.  Dr. T came in quickly and we got started with all the good news.  We really do like Dr. T...she seems much more confident and concerned about all of my issues.


Dr. T's assistant called me last week and asked me to pick up a prescription she called in for me.  We played phone tag a few times, but when I picked up the prescription, I saw it was the same one I had been prescribed for a UTI.  I assumed I had another one (which wouldn't be a shock to me...even though I didn't feel a thing.).  

Dr. T informed me it wasn't actually a UTI.  I apparently had a certain protein in my urine that is associated with being a carrier of Strep B.  Luckily Carol Ann also had Strep B, so I really didn't think much of it...otherwise I think I would have done some worrying.

Dr. T said that testing for Strep B isn't usually done until 35-37 weeks, but since the protein is already showing up (for the third time...maybe the fourth?) it's clear I have it.  Whatever...add it to the list, right?

My blood pressure was also high yesterday (138/80something)...add that to my swollen feet that keep falling asleep/getting tingly and I am now borderline pre-eclamptic.  I have to take my blood pressure a couple times a day and keep track of it.  If (when) it reaches 150/90 or above, I will be on official, no more modified bed rest. 

Oh...and my pulse was too high at my last appt with my endocronologist too.  That is also a concern. Luckily, my thyroid is still where it needs to be. My Endo just lowered my dose and that kept my levels where they need to be. He said it is rare with pregnant patients...usually preggos need a higher dose, not lower. I told him I don't do anything the easy way.

Dr. T wants to see me once a week now, and I have to do the Non-Stress Tests twice a week at the Perinatologist's office and we will still do the growth ultrasounds (probably only one more). She doesn't think we'll make it past 35 weeks, but it's obviously not a perfect science, so we'll see. 

It is what it is...I'm not stressed about it. He'd be fine if had to come now...he'd just need a little help. So every day is a blessing. :)



My doc also said no more salty food....which is funny since in the very beginning my docs all said to eat salty food (it should have helped with my ovary issue). So I will need to be more careful....dang it.

We left there feeling slightly overwhelmed, but no more than normal.  We aren't too stressed about any of this, but will keep up on it as best we can.  I borrowed my dad's blood pressure cuff so we can keep track of where I am several times a day.

I am still not craving anything.  My heartburn isn't as bad as I've heard other women talk about.  I get it nearly every day, but nothing one or two Tums doesn't cure.  I am thankful that it isn't any worse.

My feet are fat and swollen...it's quite interesting.  Flip flops and Crocs are the only shoes that fit my feet.  It's been so cold here this week that Crocs are now my only shoe.  It's kind of funny...I never thought all this would actually happen to me.

We are happy...and continue to anticipate Blip's arrival.  His nursery is far from finished...we have A LOT to buy still, but we are getting done as best we can when paired with both of our health issues.

3 comments:

The Willeyes said...

Sorry it's been such a hard road for you, but every update and picture I see just makes me so happy :) Hang in there...your big reward is almost here!

THE FLEMING FAMILY!!! said...

I had to do non stress test the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy..it isn't that bad and its comforting to sit there and hear your little baby's heart beat. I also had to do another type of test that involved an ultra sound. Out little girl was born at 39 weeks and weighed 7lbs. I think you are doing great and so is the little man! Happy thoughts ;)

Anonymous said...

You are doing great. So happy that baby is right where it needs to be. You are in the clear and everybody will be ok no matter where it goes from here. And don't worry about the weight, you've got baby plus giant ovaries Of fluid - all things that will come out!!! And from pics you lOok fantastic anyways. Clearly it works for you :).