Sunday, December 11, 2011

3rd Annual Sisters' Christmas Disney Trip

Our 2011 Sisters' Disney Trip this Christmas has been something we've all been looking forward to all year...especially since we found out we were going to get a new, fabulous, cross-it-off-the-bucket-list experience during our trip.  It was all very exciting.



Sydney got us in Wednesday night just in time for dinner and fireworks...and of course it snowed after the fireworks (my favorite part).  There is just something special about the magic of it all.  It's hard to explain.



We woke up on Thursday, picked up Sydney and headed of to the Happiest Place on Earth.  We were hoping Sydney would be able to get me a motorized wheelchair with her discount (for free), but even as an employee she didn't get any discount on those.  So we opt'd for a regular (free) wheelchair.  (I can't wait to go back to Disneyland and WALK...geez...what a pain.  I don't care about the rides as much as I just want to walk and be normal.)




As I am sitting here...warm and happy at home with Mike...I am trying to remember exactly what we did.  I didn't even take out my computer the entire trip.  My brain is so broken (I blame pregnancy) that I can't remember more than bits and pieces of our day on Thursday.  Wow...I suck.


Sydney was able to get me my wheelchair and get us in the park...then she had to leave for her shift.  I know we ate at Cafe Orleans for lunch.  Richelle and I shared a Monte Cristo...like normal.  We had THE worst service at that place.  We've never had bad service there (or anywhere at Disneyland) before, so we were pretty surprised.  The food was still good, so I guess it all worked out.  




We went over to the Pooh ride to see Sydney in action, but the ride had broken down.  So we went through the store....trying to kill time to see if the ride would open back up.  As we were leaving the store, Pooh, Eeyore and Tigger were coming out to sign autographs. As Robyn pushed me by Tigger, he reached our and hugged me...and then gave me a huge kiss.  It was pretty funny...and I'd never had a character do that before, but I know they are supposed to make people with special needs (ie: me in a wheelchair) have the most magical time possible...so that's what I am guessing that was all about.  It was fun/funny no matter what the reason.


The girls rode some rides...I rode in the wheelchair.  It was a good time.  Sadly, I really did enjoy myself.  I love to ride all the rides, but I truly love all the magic at Disneyland, so it makes me just happy to be there...especially with my sisters.




We ended up over in California Adventure to go on Soarin, the Toy Story ride (one of my favorite things...and one I can actually do) and to see World of Color.  Sydney was able to get off work and meet up with us for the show.  After the show was over, we headed back to the hotel...Sydney even spent the night with us.



On Friday, we woke up and got ready for our big day!!  We had reservations at Club 33!!  We were all so excited...and we were there to celebrate Carol's birthday.  Her 33rd at Club 33!!  It was an amazing experience...once in a lifetime. 



With our meal, we also got a park pass for the day.  We made the most of our time with Sydney before she had to head to work.  Everyone went on some rides and then we found the Wishing Well.  I had to take my pregnancy pictures in front of it. 


After all that,  Robyn and I took Sydney home so she could drop off her stuff and get ready for work.  As we were leaving the park...on our way down Main Street, we stopped at the Silhouette Shop.

While Robyn and I were gone, Richelle and Carol took advantage of not having me to push around.  They went on a handful of rides and  ate a few treats too.  Robyn and I were ready to go back to the hotel for nap time, but our other girls weren't having that.  We thought we could go back to the hotel and relax for a while before heading back for the fireworks...but instead, we headed back to meet up with our girls.



This year our favorite treat of the trip was the homemade ice cream on Main Street.  Homemade peppermint and homemade mint chocolate chip...Yum.  In a homemade waffle bowl.  Not sure how many calories are involved in that little snack, but they were all worth it.  Blip and I thoroughly enjoyed it...all three times.




We also enjoyed the Loaded Baked Potato Soup at Carnation Cafe...and we found a place to eat soup in a bread bowl near Splash Mountain.  I can't remember what the name of that place is, but I call it the 'Soup Kitchen'.  We asked one of the cast members how long that place had been around...he laughed.  Forever.  It even had the name of one of Walt Disney's best friends painted on the wall (my brain doesn't remember what that name is...damn.).




On Saturday we woke up to celebrate Carol's actual birthday.  We celebrated her Disney Birthday...turning 33 at Club 33 on Friday. We picked up Sydney and headed towards Knotts Berry Farm...but just to eat.  We ate lunch at Mrs. Knotts Chicken Dinner.  I had a chicken pot pie, biscuits, salad, soup and corn.  It was SO much food...and it was all delicious.  I also bought some Boysenberry jam and Boysenberry syrup while we were there.  (Did you know that Walter Knott help to create the Boysenberry? From the red raspberry, loganberry and blackberry...true story.)




We took Sydney back to her car so she could go to work.  We all hugged her and said our goodbyes.  We then found a mall, a complimentary wheelchair and a few dresses for Robyn to try on (for Sydney's wedding).  She bought one and we were on our way.  We stopped at a few more stores...and I waited in the car while they all shopped.  My body just wasn't up for it.  Richelle left me with the iPad, so I was fine...or just used to it after all these months. Either way, I happily survived.




For dinner...we found a Cheesecake Factory and pigged out.  We ordered several appetizers to share and then, of course, we each ordered a piece of cheesecake.  By this point, I was done...so I was happy to get back to the hotel, shower and get into my bed.


Sunday was uneventful.  We (okay...not really me) packed the car and we headed for home.  We made good time...and I was never happier to see Mike.  I love my sisters (and Carol) more than I can say.  They are so sweet, thoughtful and generous...they are my besties, but it is nice to come home.

2 comments:

n8'swife said...

What a fun trip! We did a sister + mom trip to Disney 4 or 5 years ago and keep saying we need to do it again. Now I want some cheesecake!

Carol said...

um you left out the drama saturday night in our room - you know the small heart attack you gave us :)