Monday, December 12, 2011

Club 33, Royale Street, New Orleans Square, Disneyland

On Friday, we woke up and got ready for our big day!!  We had reservations at Club 33!!  We were all so excited...and we were there to celebrate Carol's birthday.  Her 33rd at Club 33!!








 Robyn, Sydney and I took the French Lift upstairs and Richelle and Carol took the stairs (not sure why?).  Once we were all there, we were shown to our table.  We learned we were in the main dining room (capacity 66).  The second, less formal dining room was closer to the lift and only had a capacity of 33.




It was everything we hoped for...and more.  Thanks to our assistant waiter, Josef, we got a little tour...complete with some fun history.  After we placed our order, we helped ourselves to salads, sea food, bread and soup.  I had some lobster, shrimp and crab legs...and I also had some tastes of a few different salads.  I had a filet for my main course...it was delicious.  




After we finished our food, we helped ourselves to the dessert bar.  There were several things to choose from.  We all decided to try a little of everything.  An eclair, cookies, apple pie, a Mickey macaroon, German chocolate cupcakes, a fudge type cupcake, fruit pizza/pie, chocolate cake, the most amazing s'more thingy...I was stuffed by that time, but I really wanted my desserts.






30 weeks pregnant

I took a break from stuffing myself while Josef took us out on the balcony for a quick history lesson and some picture taking.



This is Josef giving us our history lesson...






This custom-designed harpsichord decorated with a hand-painted scene of the New Orleans harbor from the 19th century was in the gallery area with other original sketches and other works of art.






This is the two-leged table that was also in the movie Mary Poppins.  Totally not my style, but I want it at my house.




This table was originally from New Orleans...Josef told us this guy has the longest holding handstand. 






This phone booth has beveled glass and was inspired from the movie The Happiest Millionaire.  I hadn't even heard of that movie until this was mentioned...




Do see what looks like a ship's mast in the picture...and a flag? This was done to give the feel of having a ship in port in New Orleans.


Walt Disney died just before Club 33 opened.  He had the idea for the club because he wanted to be able to properly entertain dignitaries.  New Orleans Square was completely paid for with monies earned by Walt Disney from Mary Poppins.  There were some original sketches of the main characters on the walls. 









There was a piece of art on the wall that depicted Walt Disney eating in the Club.  The napkins on the table were folded the same way as in the picture.  I thought that was cool.




We bought some souvenirs that can only be purchased at the Club and then said our goodbyes to the private club we may never get to see again.  What an awesome experience...especially for us true Disney lovers.  We owe Robyn HUGE for making this happen for us...what an amazing day we had.

4 comments:

The Willeyes said...

OH. MY. GOSH!!! First, you look so beautiful!! Second, I am so jealous that you got to go again and that is so amazing that you got to go there! How in the world did you manage that???? Lucky, lucky girls :)

E said...

Isn't it AWESOME? We've been there once. (and probably the only time, though I'd love to go again.) We went with Andres' parents, Aunt, Uncle, and cousins, plus us, Willow and Raven. (Didn't have an Ivy then) We ran up the biggest bill for lunch we'd ever ever ever had. O_O Still, it was super cool.

E said...

Also, you look gorgeous and I love your scarf.

Carol said...

I love what you wrote - I will be writing mine tomorrow - excellent version of the day :)