Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Heartbeat

I was too excited/nervous to sleep Sunday night in anticipation of our big ultrasound Monday morning.  I'm pretty sure both Mike and I tossed and turned all night...which makes for a long night.

We showed up for our appointment a few minutes early (maybe a new habit?)...and were quickly taken back.  I had to take a pee test (again).  I guess my pH is off...not enough to raise any red flags, but enough to that I know I need to be drinking more water.  I have never been good at drinking enough water, but now that my kidneys are being overworked...I should probably get serious about it.  Oh yeah...and that whole making a baby thing. :)


Dr. B came in...hugged me (love her) and we got started.  We started the ultrasound off by looking at my gigantic ovaries and follicles...they are huge. Still.  I am feeling better, but there is still some concern about all that.

Finally we got to our blip.  I am surprised how much bigger the blip is already...and then she pointed out a tiny blink on the screen.  We could see the our blip's heart beating!!  It was amazing!!  ...and then she told me to hold my breath so she could do whatever she does to get the heartbeat.  She did something else...told me I could breathe and the then all of a sudden we could hear a fast paced thumping.  It was the most incredible sound I have ever heard in my entire life.

This one shows the heartbeat being measured.

Mike was video taping the ultrasound with his phone, but I don't have a copy of it yet.  Dr. B did her thing again, so we could hear the heartbeat again (or so she could measure it again)...so I hurried and called Richelle.  I was sad that Richelle was out of town and couldn't come with us to the ultrasound, but I wanted to her to share the moment with me.

I was amazing.

Amazing. 

I have never been happier in my entire life.

p.s. I am on bed rest for one more week...I get to go back to work next Wednesday.  The good news is that I get at least one more ultrasound to hear my blip's heartbeat...and I guess the other good news is that I get to go to work. Which is a good thing...since I am pretty sure I have seen every episode of Law and Order: SVU.  And I hate that show.

OH!!  I also bought myself a new Flip video camera (the slide HD one) at Costco.  After the cell phone/video camera issues, I decided we were going to need something a little more high tech to capture the most important moments of our new life.  I haven't tried it out yet, but I think it will be perfect...let's hope. :)  For all our other amazing moments...we have my Natty. Thank goodness...cause we'll always have to coolest family pics. Yay!!  :)

5 comments:

Diana said...

This is too too cool! What a blessing! Wishing you and happy and healthy rest of the pregnancy =)

Yellow Grandma said...

I'm so excited! I just feel like jumping up and down! Too bad I have bad knees or I would!!!!! Love ya and I am so excited and thrilled for you both!

Anonymous said...

Isn't your baby's heartbeat the most amazing sound?

Love you!

Stefany Pew said...

What an amazing and momentous day for you and Mike!! I can just imagine the happiness that filled the room that day. I still can't get over how happy I am for you both! And great purchase with the flip camera. My friend has one and it is amazing! And yes...you will always have Natty to capture those amazing memories for you to keep for a life time! YAY for baby Buvala!!!!

The Willeyes said...

Amazing! {{BIG HUGS}}