Monday, June 20, 2011

Blipity Blip

Today was my hardest day so far...mostly I mean the hardest day since I've been on bed rest.  Since I have been pregnant (and even before that) I have been confined to doing as close to nothing as possible. ..it's getting old.  My brain does not like to be so idle.

We slept in...and when I came downstairs, I was actually a little worried about my belly again.  I lifted up my shirt to show Mike...and after seeing how distended my belly was all he said was, "Better call Dr. Behera."  I have the number memorized...so I dialed it and left a message for Jen (the PA).

I had been pretty uncomfortable most of the night with discomfort on my left side...which is new (it was my right side before).  With my belly looking and feeling so swollen, I figured it warranted a call...especially since they always say to call if ANYTHING comes up...and I never call.

Dr. B's medical assistant called me back within an hour or two and said Dr. B wanted to see me TODAY.  We made an appointment and hung up...another drive out to Scottsdale.  Oh well...at least Dr. B never blows me off and always plays it safe.  Dr. B said basically the same thing as before: my ovaries are too big and I still have fluid in my belly.  The fluid has gone down quite a bit, but my ovaries are too big...they can still turn or twist which would be very bad.


I felt pretty "down" most of the day...I'm just sick of being unable to be me.  I have errands that need run, things that need organized, cleaned, put away, etc...and I just want to do it myself.  Mike, for the most part, has been great.  Very helpful and (almost) always willing to jump if I need him to.  He took all of last week off with me.  I think after the ER visit he was afraid to leave me here alone.

A bunch of my girlfriends had planned to come over with dinner tonight to celebrate that I finally got pregnant, but one of their little girls might have Fifths Disease...and although she was past the contagious part, the adults in her life are possibly still in the contagious phase...and we'd never know it.  So I asked Dr. B what she thought...half expecting her to think nothing of it.  But she immediately said no way.  Her words were something like, "It isn't something you'd want to regret."  I read a bunch about Fifths Disease over the weekend...I read some of the scary things that can happen to an unborn child if exposed, so I already knew I didn't want to chance it if it were going to be a risk.  Does that make sense?

So after our appointment, I had to cancel my dinner party.  I was so bummed.  Three of my friends had possibly been exposed, so Dr. B said to stay away from all of them.  I was so looking forward to girl talk and food from the Cheesecake Factory.  Instead we had grilled chicken and corn on the cob.  Much healthier, but definitely not the same.

Don't get me wrong...I am thrilled to be pregnant.  I am willing to sit on my butt for the next eight months if needs be, but it is a lot harder than I imagined.  I am a lot more worried about the amount of paid time off I have saved...things you never think about until this kinda thing happens.  I have another ultrasound on Thursday and then hopefully I will be allowed to go back to work after my ultrasound on Monday...when we hear the heartbeat.

3 comments:

Carol said...

I predict that monday u willb back at work, sitting at ur desk thnkng about what to eat for lunch with rob and gearing up for theride back home on the bus!

(see it willb all back to normal and better :)

Kerrie said...

Have you read any good books lately? Something to just occupy your mind in a non-baby way (as an alternative to all the Law and Order). Hopefully you can catch a ride to library. Sean and I both read Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand this year and found it fascinating. Also I liked Jen Lancaster (a great author herself) summer reading list http://www.jennsylvania.com/jennsylvania/2011/05/summer-reading-list-part-the-first.html

Good Luck resting, sometimes sitting still is the hardest work,
-Kerrie

The Willeyes said...

I'm sorry you are stuck, but so happy for you :) Hang in there! You have already proved you can do very hard things...you got this!!
Love ya