Friday, June 10, 2011

Results: BFP!!!

It has been a long 11 days since the transfer.  It's been hard to be calm and not to worry about all of this baby stuff.  I'm sure glad I did my best...took all my hormones, didn't lift anything, did very little around the house, ate a lot, laughed a lot, (ate some more), slept a lot (including naps...weird) and tried to just not think about it.  With all my visitors, the time seemed to pass more quickly than I expected...plus the two day trip to Kansas City sped the days along.

When the plane landed in Phoenix, Richelle picked up Matt and me up from the airport.  We dropped Matt off at home and then headed to the 24-hour Walmart to buy a pregnancy test.  ALL the nurses told me time and time again not to take a home test.  With my hormones so outa whack...there was a chance of getting a false positive or a false negative.  Dr. B mentioned she was okay with us doing one, but I still was unsure.

I did the test as soon as we got in the house.  The stupid dark pink "negative" line appeared immediately (like always), but slowly the second line started to appear.  It remained very light, but it did look like a second line...at least Richelle said it did.  I was skeptical...and I refused to even crack a smile.

Richelle went home after we devised a plan to pee on the second test first thing in the morning, when HCG levels are higher.  She woke me up before my alarm asking what the test said.  I tried to tell her to leave me alone and let me sleep...I'd take the test when I woke up.  She didn't let me sleep.  ...the second test came out the same.

I didn't get excited.  I was too afraid to feel one way or the other until the blood test came back today. 

Mike and I drove out to Dr. B's office this morning before he dropped me off at work.  We did the quick blood draw and then asked all of our questions.  Lots to know no matter what the answer...at the end Tammy asked which number to call with the results.  I gave her Mike's number.  I knew I didn't want to hear the word "negative".

My phone rang with Dr. B's number...I answered and I heard Tammy's voice.  She was on speaker phone with the other nurses from the office...and she said my beta was a _____.  I didn't hear the number she said, but I said, "Is that good?"  She laughed and said, "Yes."  I asked her, "Does that mean I am?" Tammy and the other nurses all said "YES!!"  By this point, I had tears streaming down my face...Rob & Candice were the only two people at work and they were both anxiously awaiting the news.  I didn't know what to say.  I felt so surprised...shocked at the news.

I called Mike and said, "We're gonna have a baby!!"  He was speechless...literally.  I wish I would have driven to the precinct and told him in person, but when he got home from work...it was better than I thought.  I was talking on the phone with Richelle (who in on a mini-vacation with some of our friends) when Mike walked in the door.  He walked over to me...already had tears in his eyes.  I hung up with Richelle, and we embraced for a long time and just cried.

I don't think either one of us knows what to think or feel.  I guess I feel slightly frightened...and like we should have gone to Europe last year. :)  I am, of course, over-joyed...I know Mike is too.  We have been waiting for so long...it all just seems surreal.

I have another blood test on Tuesday.  I am still on most of my restrictions...they aren't too bad.  No lifting anything, no sex (sorry, Babe), light exercises only and I continue with the hormones.  I am in for about 10 more weeks of the shots.  Not sure where I can stick myself for 10 more weeks, but we'll figure it out between bruises.  Per my super-pregnancy wheel I will be due around February 16.  Also...we find out how many babies in a few more weeks.

12 comments:

my mudda' calls me jack said...

I'm freaking out!!!! Got on the computer to help me get tired but this has my heart PUMPING. I can't believe how excited I am for you guys.... Still wanting to come over SOON! (hard to ditch the kiddos with todd doing full time school and work, but will figure it out so i can come next week hopefully! maybe monday or tuesday??)

Gail B said...

I am sooooooooo happy for you!!! congrats! this is wonderful

The Willeyes said...

So happy for you and still crying about it :) So wonderful!

Stefany Pew said...

It's even better hearing it all detailed like this. Awww....chills all over!!! What an amazing journey. Aren't you glad you have this blog so that one day your baby can go back and read what a miracle he/she was!!!??? Miracles do happen! So amazing!!!!

Krista said...

Congratulations! I am so happy and excited for you! So glad it worked!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Congrats!!!

lindie said...

Oh I'm so happy for the both of you! Totally teared up..... again. Congrats!!

Eric and Mary Ellen said...

So happy for the both of you at 4:30 in the morning.

Melissa said...

YAY! I just saw the fantastic news!Congratulations!

Diana said...

fantastic news!! Yay!! Best of luck throughout this journey =)

Kerrie said...

One word "Overjoyed"

Unknown said...

I found your blog by googling Dr. Behera, because I just started working with her this month on having a baby after 2 years of trying on our own.
My husband and I had lots of tests done before we met her so we went in quickly into our first IUI. I had fallopian tubes blocked which she unblocked with the HSG, and today is day 13. I started spotting yesterday and today it's slowed down. Don't want to get my hopes up that it'll stop. Dr. Behera says if this doesn't work she suggests surgery to remove 3 fibroids I have. I am freaking out, but I hope she knows best.
Your blog has given me hope though, and I just wanted to let you know. Feel like I am connected to someone who went through the same thing with the same doctor I have and that feels good somehow.
:-)
Cinthya