Saturday, February 12, 2011

Reality Bites

I {think} I've done a decent job over the last two years maintaining a {mostly} level-head about our "situation".

As the days turn to weeks...and weeks to months...and now months officially to years {plural}...it is becoming harder and harder to keep the head level. 

Not every day.  Just some days.

Today was one of those days.

Our reality is simply overwhelming.  We have made some pretty intense life-changes in order to be able to afford IVF in the near future.  We have cut out quite a bit, but the realization of how much money we need for IVF and the amount of money we can save...it will take years.

We feel trapped.  Unable to save enough in a reasonable amount of time, but feel guilty spending any money...even to buy lunch. 

Even to paint the house.

Even to buy a pool fence.

Even to buy tires.

Even to plan a fishing trip with my father.

{It's on my bucket list.}

It's my problem.  I have to deal with it.

Some days it seems harder than others.

3 comments:

Kevin said...

I can't really say anything that would be of much help. But rather than saying nothing, I can only say that I hope your good days outweigh your bad days.

Carol said...

oh i like what kevin said. i feel the same way. some day, when i get figure out how to grow my money tree - i will give you a big fatty branch from it :)

Anonymous said...

i hate days like that. sorry friend :)