Monday, February 14, 2011

No Valentine's Day Dunes Trip

Last year: I sent Mike with his friends to the Dunes over Valentine's Day weekend.  I don't buy into the whole BS of this made up holiday, so I figured he should go and have a good time.

This year: Friday night started our weekend off on a nice note...  Mike got off early (and he actually got of early...not like normal when his boss says they will go in early, so they can leave at an earlier than normal time, but then they work several hours of OT).  We went to Rebecca and Cody's to make s'mores by the fire.  We always have fun with them...

On Saturday we spent the entire morning sleeping...after noon, we stumbled out of bed, made our way down the stairs and got comfy on the couch...I had an upsetting argument/conversation with my Prettiest Sister...which lead to many, many tears...and then it was back to the couch.  We watched a few movies, I fixed us some food...the day was peaceful and comfortable.  I somehow ended up back in bed by 8ish...why not, right? Mike worked off duty until 4am...

Sunday morning came and went...we slept way too late again.  Eventually, we had to get dressed for our BBQ with friends (see previous post), but we went pretty casual.  We had what we needed to fix what we were bringing to the meal, so that made it easier to not leave the house until we absolutely had to. :)

I set my alarm for Monday morning, so I would be able to get a few things taken care of this weekend.  I woke up, but didn't want to get out of bed...Mike didn't wake up.  I stayed in bed until I fell back asleep.  We both woke up and stayed in bed until our day was planned...and then I finally drug myself out when I knew it was a must.  We got ourselves ready,  I made us a quick lunch (fajitas in my Pampered Chef covered baker...I bought it over a year ago, but just recently fell in love) and then we headed out to see a cheap movie. 

A quick Costco trip and then it was home to make my Valentine dinner.  He wanted to go out, but I think this day is dumb.  I would rather save my "out to dinner" for something more meaningful...ya know...since we are not eating out much any more.  Plus I already had my menu done for this week and eating out would totally screw it all up.


We spent the rest of the evening on the couch...gaining weight from our meal and dessert, I'm sure.  Maybe next weekend we'll be more productive?  Well...only because we have plans already. Ryan's family will be in town...I can't freaking wait to see my girls (and the boy too).

Weekends like this one make us really enjoy not being able to have children.  It's things like this that keep us going.  No...seriously.

p.s. I did do a ton of laundry on Saturday...which required quite a bit of off the couch time. :)

2 comments:

Kerrie said...

Randi,
Your Valentines Dinner looks great, and that Pampered Chef covered baker looks like just the dish I was in need of on Sunday when I went to make stuffed bell peppers. I'm glad you enjoy a weekend without a million plans.

- Kerrie

Anonymous said...

okay, don't ever feel guilty about sleep and lounging. that's what keeps my sanity at times! (especially after a crazy-busy spell!)
you're dinner looks AMAZING. Really. I thought it was a pic from a pricey restaurant!
You are so wonderful!